Followers

Sunday 27 January 2013

CD Sunday - Hello Doily

This is my final week as Guest Designer over on the CD Sunday blog, and this week they are challenging you get creating using Doily's. I know that I have several spellbinders dies that would have been perfect for this one, but went for the Venetian Accents range. I've used an 8x8 white card base for this weeks card, and keeping with a blue and white theme throughout, I used a navy blue card for matting. The CD I used was MCS click, print and go, Paper Flower  Expert, and I chose to use the pansy. I printed off one of the duo backgrounds which has a border effect going on in the middle, and matted it. Next out of the same blue card I cut some corners with a Marianne die, and placed them in all of the corners. I then cut out a scalloped heart in white and a plain one in the blue card, and placed slightly to one side. With the fine detail on the Doily's I found they were easier to release from the die after being cut, by using greaseproof paper on top of the card, I cut two of these, having printed the sentiment onto the card first and placing the die over the top, and then overlapped them slightly. The flowers are made up by cutting out each petal separately then sticking together, the leave were also from the CD and placed under the flowers. I just finished the flowers by adding some gold glitter in the centres.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and you kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

6 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Sue, such a stunning card to complete your GDT Spot with us at CD Sunday. I love your colour choice and your layout is fantastic. Thanks for your designs, just sorry I haven't been able to leave comments due to the connection here in Spain.
Hugs
Christine xxx

Beryl said...

This is lovely Sue - great design and colour scheme. We'll miss you on the team - you have been a great asset with your beautiful cards this month.
Beryl xx

sue-b said...

this is so beautiful and striking, you will be missed on the team, your cards have been both beautiful and varied just how i like it.
sue-b xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Sue ! I really like how you've arranged a couple of smaller doily's over the heart die cuts and along with all the flowers and corners it so beautiful ! A wonderful Mother's day or BD card ! Hope you had a great weekend, Shirleyx

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Sue. It must have taken you ages. Thank you for being our GDT member for January. You have made some fab cards and I am sure we will be asking you again.
Hugs Carol
xx

Jocelyn said...

Thank you for being such a great GDT member. Your card is fabulous, so pretty. I love the colour combo and the flowers are perfect.
Jocelyn xx