Followers

Sunday 3 February 2013

CD Sunday - Showtime


I've had a great day crafting today, and this is even my second post (it won't last). After finishing my card this morning for My Time To Craft, I started on this one this afternoon, and managed to finish it. This one is for the CD Sunday challenge this week, which is Showtime. I love going to the theatre and have seen a few shows, so I tried to think of one that I could incorporate into the challenge. Last year my Mum and I went to see Midnight Tango, written and starring Vincent and Flavia from BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, it was a fabulous show telling the story of the Argentine Tango and it's history. It's well worth going and seeing if you have the chance.

After a rummage around in the cupboard I found Card Creations +, Strictly Card Dancers, and the perfect image to depict the show. Working on an 8x8 black card base, with a mat of a textured silver card, I printed the topper, which is a stacker, and layered up placing the topper onto first the textured silver and then some red card. The backing paper was layered onto some red card and I used some silver peel off's on the corners. After placing this onto the card, I added some more of the peel off corners to that, a border was placed across the middle, before the topper was placed on. I had some red flowers in my stash which were added along with some flat backed pearls and die cut leaves. The sentiment was made on the PC and layered with silver and red card. It's our nephews wedding anniversary on the 12th of this month, and I think that this will make a super anniversary card for him and his wife.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Sue and beautifully put together. I am a great fan of Vincent and Flavia and the Argentine Tango. I haven't had the luck to see them live but I did buy the DVD.
Thank you for joining us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

Ooh Carol, didn't know there was a DVD. Will have to see if I can find it - along with the Card Creations CD. Sue - this is gorgeous. I love the image and you've used it to make a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us this week - and being first past the post too.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Hi Sue, you are lucky to have seen the live show, i love strictly. Your card is lovely, that is a great image to use, i don't have this CD but looks like a good one to have after seeing this one and Jenny has used this CD as well. It is perfect for your nephews anniversary.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue another gorgeous design in the same day ! LOVE everything, the colour combo, the Tango dancers, decoupage, the many layers & the finishing touch of flowers are silver corner deco pieces. Have a great day, Shirleyx

Cazro said...

Wow! Sue this is a wonderful card, I love the romantic black white and red and the drama of the tango. Lucky you seeing F and V in a live show, I do envy you. thanks for sharing with us again at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

Deanna said...

Sue, this is so beautiful!
Love all the layers and colors. The image is just stunning and I love the flowers-hugs Deanna

Purple Crazy said...

Lovely card, Great image, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

craftimamma said...

This is really dramatic Sue, just as the Argentine Tango is. It brings back a few memories too of when I did this dance for one of my dancing exams and not too many years ago either. I couldn't do it now though, lol!

I love the colours in these images and the echoing of them in your flowers. I envy you going to see that show.

Hugs
Lesley Xx