Followers

Wednesday 20 March 2013

CD Sunday - Wonderful Wings

I've been so busy this last week I'm a little behind with my card for the CD Sunday challenge. This week it is Wonderful Wings. At the beginning of last week I saw a lovely new CD on Create and Craft, by Craftyhands called the Kew Floral Collection, well I just had to have it (because I don't really have hundreds of CD's already). As it arrived quickly and I had a card to make for this coming Monday, I browsed through it and came across this beautiful Bearded Iris with a butterfly, Ideal for this weeks challenge. The image has been printed off and decoupaged, then mounted onto silver mirri card. The backing papers have also been mounted onto silver mirri card, and then onto a 6x6 white card base. The corner is a Marianne die cut in white and coloured with promarkers to match the colours in the flower. I've added a bow and sentiment, which was made using the PC.



I'm hoping that things here are going to calm down a bit now, as my Mother-in-law, who has been in hospital since the week before Christmas, is finally at home. She has a care package in place with enough carers going in each day to help both her and my Father-in-law manage at home together. Also my Daughter and her Partner bought their first home together and moved in this weekend (she's not lived at home now for five years). Hubby and I are hoping to enjoy a few stress free days this week.

Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

16 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Sue! Your decoupage work is always so beautiful and I love the Iris & colours in this design. It's wonderful that you are able to find some more time for yourselves. Take care, Shirleyx

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card - I really like bearded iris flowers. One can never have too many CDs, or stamps, or....etc.

Christine said...

This is a gorgeous card Sue, I love the image and your decoupage work is fabulous. I must investigate this CD as it looks like a nice one to add to my collection.
Thanks for your continued support of CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

Your card is another stunning beauty. I think an Iris flower always looks very majestic and proud. beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing with us again, at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol said...

Snap Sue - I couldn't resist the CD either. It did arrive quickly and there are some lovely flower images aren't there.
Lovely card and thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Jane Willis said...

Really gorgeous card. i was tempted by this CD - you've made me wish I'd given in to temptation!

Deanna said...

Simply Gorgeous! I really love the image and layout. The colors are so beautiful. So happy the stress in your life has calmed down and your in-laws could be back home together~hugs Deanna

Wynn said...

Wow such a vibrant blue............beautiful. Hope you have a calmer week. Wynn x

Michelle J M said...

Gosh Sue, this is really beautiful, such lovely vibrant colours, really super! Michelle x

starcyl said...

Sue I really like this and that iris just popped out at me as I opened the page.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Marina said...

Gorgeous colours and beautiful layering of patterns
. Your CD was a great buy!
Marina

Beryl said...

This is beautiful Sue. You can see the depth of the decoupage and it's lovely iris image. Great card design and I like the font you have used for the sentiment.
Beryl xx

sue-b said...

the backing paper really compliments the beautiful blues, a beautiful card card Sue.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sue, such a stunning image and fabulous layout. Enjoy your stress free days, it sounds like you deserve them.
Pauline
x

Margarets designer cards said...

Stunning image and gorgeous card
Margaret