Followers

Sunday 2 February 2014

Craft A SCene - Make A Scene Using Your Favorite Technique

The beginning of February and it's time for a new challenge over on the Craft A Scene blog, and this month we're asking for you scenes to be made using your favourite technique. My favourite technique is making backgrounds to stamp scenes onto. I start with my glass cutting mat ( a heat resistant mat would do just as well), and then either using spray inks or ink pads I put the colours I want to work with on to the mat. I then spritz with water and take the card and lay this onto the colours, you can re-spritz with water and the affect you get will be a lighter shade of the one taken previously. I love the random look that this gives and after stamping and bit of shading with distress inks you can make scenes just like this one. The stamps I've used are from Chocolate Baroque, Sheena Douglas and Inkylisious and they were stamped using distress ink pads. I hope that you'll have time to pop over to the blog and take a look at the cards that the rest of the design team have made for your inspiration, and make a scene for us using your favourite technique.



I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:

Stamping Sensations - Wings, Fantasy and Fiction
Creative Inspirations - Stamping

Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

11 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, You've created a beautiful scene for the lovely fairy. I love the colours and how blended inks to create the hills. I hope you've had a great weekend, Shirleyx

Michelle J M said...

Sue your cards are always so beautiful! I just love that background and those birds, of and everything else! Michelle x

Hellen Pearce said...

fab colours Sue, and the different shades of stamping are so effective x

Lynne K said...

I can see why it's your favourite technique, Sue, the results are stunning! What a gorgeous background (love the colours), and the scene is magical! A perfect entry for our challenge, thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Lynne

Miranda said...

Wow such a beautiful background for this fairy to sit in Sue! Lovely work, xMiranda

rachel said...

an absolutely stunning card Sue - so very beautiful xx

brenda said...

A beautiful mystical feel to your pretty card Sue.

Thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

NGCARDS said...

This is a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I love how you have taken that central image of the fairy and created a beautiful landscape for her to fit into - a true "scene". Beautiful. xx Maggie

Francesca said...

Great creation, I love the colours
thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Francesca x

sheila 77 said...

Really beautiful with the fairy chatting with the birds, what a lovely card this would be to receive. There's a lovely depth to the hills and the tree in the foreground emphasises this.