Followers

Thursday, 12 January 2017

Texture At PCC and Butterfly Challenge

I made this card to cover two challenges, At Perfectly Created Chaos the theme is Texture and the Butterfly challenge is looking for Jade and/or Jewels. The card looks more jade in real life than it does in this photo, but it has got jewels on as well so I have the challenge covered. I started by embossing a piece of white card stock in a Tattered Lace butterfly embossing folder and the taking a distressed crayon (peacock feathers) and rubbing over the whole of the card. Next I took a damp baby wipe and rubbed over the crayoned piece, as the crayons react with water this gave it a softer look. I then took the same crayon and went back over the top of the raised areas this time I left it alone. I mounted this onto some gold mirri card and then onto a white 6x6 card blank adding some gold and white ribbon around the middle. The fern is from tattered lace and the beast wishes a Tonic die. The butterfly is a Tim Holtz stamp, which was coloured and fussy cut before I added the jewels to the body. I mounted this onto the card with glue gel.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

  1. Oh so very pretty Sue - great texture and I adore that TH butterfly - perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Sue, such a pretty background and fabulous butterfly.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous effect you have created by using the crayon. I must give that a try. I love the beautiful,butterfly too . With the gold mirror card it makes for a perfect challenge card. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours here, loving all the butterfly dies.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sue, love it. Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and what a beautiful big butterfly, you colourized it very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sue, the embossed background looks fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card! I must remember to try that technique- it turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for joining our texture challenge at Perfectly Created Chaos! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card !! I love the colours a lot!!

    Have fun!!
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Sue. The crayons worked really well. Love the colours! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a stunning creation. I love your unique approach to the texture challenge. Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Created Chaos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.