Followers

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Rudolph and Pixies

I've called this post Rudolph and Pixies, because it fits the challenges over on both of these blogs. It's the 25th of the month so it time again for the Rudolph Days Challenge and also time again for a new challenge over at Pixies Snippets Playground.  I started with a 6x6 card base and the Stag which was cut out from a Lavinia cutting file on the Scan-n-cut and sized to fit the card. I then embossed a slightly smaller piece of card using a snowflake embossing folder from Crafters Companion. I coloured the embossed card with distress inks and then rubbed silver gilding wax over the top. I then mounted onto some silver mirri card and placed some ribbon around the middle. Next with a piece of white card I cut a circle slightly smaller than the stag topper and coloured with the same two coloured distress inks. I then stamped and embossed with silver embossing powder and added some gems and glitter before mounting onto the card. To finish I stamped the sentiment and embossed with silver embossing powder and made a small poinsettia with an Elizabeth die. The poinsettia was made from scraps of card from my ever expanding box.



 Normally this is where I say that I made 4 the same, only this time I made 5.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

21 comments:

cotnob said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Sue, a fabulous stag and lovely pale blues.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Barb said...

They're absolutely gorgeous cards Sue. The stag diecuts stand out beautifully against the lovely embossed backgrounds. The gilding wax looks lovely. Barbxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

These are gorgeous Sue and the black stag looks so dramatic against your beautiful snowflake background. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

scrappymo! said...

Five beauties! I love the design and the pretty backgrounds. They set off your stag so well The gilding wax looks wonderful on your embossed panels and the silver ribbon is perfect here as well!
Thanks for playing along in the July Rudolph Days Challenge

Megan J said...

Hi Sue, Five wonderful Christmas cards for your stash, love the soft silver and blue with the striking cut file. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Jane Willis said...

A gorgeous set of cards, the stag looks so bold and majestic against the embossed background.
By the way, my ears were burning the other day!
Jane

Aquarius said...

Wow this card (or should I say these) is beautiful, great design and lovely colours chosen.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi there Sue, these are gorgeous, love the beautiful set. xx [aNNie]

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
what a wonderful card and the embossoing is gorgeous, and what a super frosty look to it as well.
The stag circle is also wonderful and I love the glittery snow too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Di said...

Stunning cards Sue - I love the background and the silhouetted stag is marvellous!

Hugs

Di xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful cards.

Janice said...

Fabulous cards Sue, I love the silhouette stag!
Janice x

rachel said...

wow - stunningly beautiful sue - what gorgeous cards these are. that silhouette stag is wonderful xx

Joan said...

Wow, a stunning card (s) Sue, love the blue and silver theme and the gorgeous silhouette

LesleyG said...

Love your majestic stags, which probably glisten glitter and glimmer even more in real life xxx

Sarn said...

Beautiful Snippets/RD cards Sue. Xxx

Dortesjs said...

lovely and sweet cards

Mrs A. said...

These are so lovely in the blue and the embossing folder with the gilding wax looks absolutely fabulous. Hugs Mrs A.

Jules said...

Hi Sue

A fabulous set of Christmas cards .. .. very striking.

I haven't got as far as downloading and cutting files yet .. .. still playing with my newly acquired machine .. .. but you have given me lots of inspiration. Thank you!

Love Jules xx

Sue - said...

A fabulous set of cards!

aussie aNNie said...

Enjoy your weekend.♥
[aNNie]