Followers

Saturday 11 November 2017

Off On Retreat

Well my bags are packed and waiting by the front door for my crafty pal Elaine to come and pick me up, we're off to Crafters Companion Craftaganza. This is a three day retreat in a wonderful looking hotel in Durham, so quite a drive from here in the North of Hampshire. Before I go though I thought I would stop by and show you this card and enter it into Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge this week. Recently I attended a workshop held by Martine Smith from Oyster Stamps where she showed us some wonderful techniques including shaping these wonderful Heartfelt poinsettias. As I have this set of stamps and dies when I returned home I set to making a collection of the cards ready for friends and family for Christmas. I made 9 altogether and changed the colour and the layout on all of the. Well that's enough rambling for now as I need to get this posted in the next few minutes.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

20 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Sue, just love this. The flowers in particular are stunning... Have a wonderful time..xxx[aNNie]🎄

Megan J said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful Christmas card for your stash, love the poinsettias and inlayed diecut sentiment... happy crafting in Durham... Megan

Aquarius said...

Lovely Christmas card and the flowers are shaped beautifully. Have a wonderful time at your retreat - it sounds brilliant

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is stunning Sue and the flowers look amazing. Hope you enjoy your retreat. Crafty Hugs, Sandra x

Viv said...

Fab card Sue - Enjoy the North of England!

Carol said...

Lovely card Sue. Have a good time.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Sue..gorgeous design and gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card Sue, I have a lot of HC flowers they are beautiful. It's so much fun molding the flowers isn't it? It's just too bad they are more difficult to mail. Have a wonderful time at the retreat :) xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, gorgeous flowers - so pretty.
I hope you enjoy your retreat.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janice said...

A fabulous card Sue, your flowers are beautiful.
Have a great time on the retreat.
Janice x

Marina said...

The poosettias are gorgeous! I hope you're enjoying your retreat.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card.

Mia said...

Stunning card, Sue. Amazing flowers. Kisses.

Mrs A. said...

Hope you enjoyed your retreat. I thought the above looked liked a Martine style. She is certainly not one to let you sit in your seat quietly so bet you had fun on her lesson too. Look forward to seeing your make son your return. Hugs Mrs A.

Cobnut Crafter said...

A very beautiful card - so very elegant! Hope you had a great time on the retreat. x Anne

MiamiKel said...

Oh I'm so happy for you that you get to go to a crafting retreat !! Bet it is going to be a ton of fun and I can't wait to see the cards you make when you get back ! Enjoy!!

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks Sue for popping in, I did miss you and hope you are alright.xx[aNNie]🎄

Joan said...

Gorgeous poinsettias Sue! Have those stamps unused as yet! Have a wonderful time at the craft retreat, lucky you

Joan

rachel said...

This is absolutely stunning Sue - what a fabulous card! Sounds like a wonderful weekend too! Enjoy! Hugs rachel x

Barb said...

Your card is stunning Sue and those flowers are gorgeous. I did a class with Maxine a couple of years ago making some lovely flowers. Barbxx