Followers

Monday 20 January 2020

My Favourite Stamps And A Do Over Please

After the last two months of last year when I was either just getting over a cold and cough, or getting another I was pleased to see the start of the New Year while still suffering from what I hoped was the last of a series of colds that we were being handed around the family. To be honest it was why It took me so long to get blogging again this year. But that was not to be the case. At the beginning of last week after posting my Mum's birthday card I decided to make my card for the Stamping Sensations challenge which is My Favourite Stamp this month. As most of you will know I LOVE LAVINIA STAMPS, I even made my calendar with them last year and I was loathed to throw it away. So I set about recycling it and managed to make the pictures that I saved into 10 cards. I had just finished them when it felt like I had run into a wall and took myself to bed on Wednesday. By Thursday morning I was sure that I had the dreaded Tonsillitis and this was confirmed by the Doctor and a prescription for Antibiotics. I'm glad to say that I'm beginning to feel better, but the antibiotics have given me an awful unproductive cough which I'm hoping will go away when I finish all the pills. Hence the title of my blog post and the request for the Do Over, I really would like to start this year over again. The card below is My favourite scene from the Calendar, and the scene that I used for July. There are to many of Lavinia's Stamps that I love that I can't just pick one.



Thanks for taking the timeto visit and for your comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

17 comments:

Aquarius said...

Goodness me you have been in the wares lately and no wonder it has taken you time to get into blogging after the holiday break. It seems difficult enough to get going again when you are feeling OK anyway I find. Great that you could recycle the beautiful pictures using Lavinia stamps and maybe we will see some of the others along the way. I only have a couple of their stamps but often tempted particularly with the leafy, floral type ones as I'm not particularly into fairies but can appreciate seeing what others do with them.Take care - remember spring must be just around the corner and at least it seems to have stopped raining for now.

Viv said...

A lovely card Sue using some of those wonderful Lavinia Stamps. Hope you are feeling 100% soon and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card. Hope you feel better soon.

Sally H said...

Oh dear, Sue. I hope you are on the mend now and that you have a better year from now on. Tonsilitis is not good. I remember being very ill with it before they took mine out when I was 12. Your card is a beautiful creation using your favourite stamps, and I have to say I am rather partial to a few Lavinia stamps myself! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

MiamiKel said...

Sue, this is just gorgeous - the colors are so lovely and vivid! I hope you are doing better now and I'm sending you big hugs!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, so pretty.
Sorry to hear you have been having such a tough time lately, I hope the antibiotics work and you are feeling much better soon.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

Goodness me Sue, you really have been going through it, lets hope this is the end of it, if you are anything like me the thought of Spring helps to cheer.

I know how much you love your Lavinia stamps and you have created a lovely scene here, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Favourite Stamps' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Carol said...

So sorry to have read that you have been 'proper poorly' but I really hope you are now on the mend. I love your stamping and the image you have shown us is beautiful. Keep getting better - or to use our family saying - much more betterer.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

So sorry to read that you've been poorly Sue and I hope that the Antibiotics manage to do the trick and that you're soon feeling well again. Your card is beautiful. The stamping is just perfect and I love the delicate shade of pink that you've used. It's quite a refreshing change from all the usual multi-coloured backgrounds. Thank you for joining us in our 'Favourite Stamps' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous project, so gorgeous in style and design.xx

Joan said...

Oh dear, I do hope you start to feel better soon. Lovely card and well done for reusing your calendar


Joan x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW sooo fabulous it looks love the colour gradation
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Cobnut Crafter said...

Fabulous card, I love the images. Hope you feel much better soon. xx

eltamaz elmithaly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
eltamaz elmithaly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs A. said...

Oh Sue, do hope you begin to feel better soon . Don’t be going to China anytime soon though! Great idea to recycle your calendar makes from last year. This card gets a thumbs up from me. Hugs Mrs A.

Mia said...

I hope you feel better soon, Sue. You will be in my prayers.
I LOVE Lavinia stamps and your card is simply gorgeous. Kisses, my friend.