Followers

Saturday 7 November 2020

Create A Card

This month the challenge over on the We Love Chocolate Baroque blog is Christmas. Now you don't need to use Chocolate Baroque stamps for the challenge but as I own rather a lot of Chocolate Baroque stamps it would have been rude not to have used one for this challenge. I knew that in my stash I had this beautiful big bold background stamp (in fact I have several different one's) but this is one of my favourites. First I stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder before colouring with my Spectrum Noir pens before mounting onto some matching card stock then onto a 7x7 card blank. The sentiment was stamped and embossed onto vellum and I wrapped it around one of the layers so it was not stuck down on the front. I was colouring this in as my husband went and collected our 5 year old grandson from school. Colouring with expensive alcohol pens is not the thing to be doing with 5 year olds around, so I'm not quite sure what I was thinking while sitting there enjoying myself. As soon as he came through the door it was Nanny can I do colouring with those nice pens please. I managed to find some promarkers I didn't mind him using and we had a very quiet little boy for the next 2 hours as he coloured in the others that I had stamped and embossed ready for more cards. He took his lovely coloured pictures home to show his mummy.


 Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

brenda said...

Just stunning Sue, I do love Poinsettias and your treatment of the stamp with gold EP and the colouring the blooms works beautifully.

Do you know until you mentioned Graphicus I had totally forgotten that was the name prior to EI, how time flies, Glenda was the first person I remember getting all inky and I blame her totally for my addition.

Lovely to see you ate We Love Chocolate Baroque, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful Christmas card Sue, gorgeous Poinsettias and I love the sentiment printed on vellum.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Aquarius said...

This is a great image and beautifully coloured. The gold embossing sets it off well.

Kathleen said...

A really super image with a great background and super colours. Thank you for joining our 'Christmas' challenge at We love Chocolate Baroque.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Love sentiments on vellum and this is a stunning one, great embossed poinettia's Sue, great card. xxx

Leanne Harris said...

Loving those beautifully coloured poinsettias in the vibrant Christmas red - a really lovely make. Many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque for our Christmas theme this month xxxx

Janice said...

Stunning poinsettia card Sue, I love the torn vellum sentiment.
Janice x

Sarn said...

LOVE this festive make in traditional colours.

Sarn x

Jules said...

Hi Sue

How lovely to have an avid little crafter colouring alongside you!

Love the effect of embossing on vellum. It always makes a card look super special .. .. which is what your card is!

Hope your week has got off to a good start.

Love Jules xx

Mrs A. said...

It's not really christmas without a poinsettia on show somewhere. I have bought a felting kit to make one for my DIL as she always manages to kill every one that she buys each yr. Your sister's tooth problems sound horrendous too. I had the same problem on my other front tooth 10yrs ago and it took about 2yrs of treatment to clear up,. Bugs can be nasty persistent thi ngs as we full well know with Covid. Hugs Mrs A.