Followers

Monday 5 September 2011

Peacock Lady

One card 2 challenges. This week I was running a bit behind, I normally make something for the Forgotten Friday challenge that Judith holds on her blog, and then something for the CD Sunday challenge. This week I have combined them and just made the one card. I have used this lovely image of a Peacock Lady that comes from Chocolate Baroque called Peacock Ladies. As it's has not been used for 2 years or more, it more than qualifies for the Forgotten Friday challenge, which asks you to make something from your forgotten or neglected stash. The theme this week at the CD Sunday blog is Peacocks, and I think that this lady in her Peacock finery covers that. I have also made it for my Daughters Birthday, which is in October (She does not live at home or visit my blog), when I will be sunning myself on a beach somewhere in Florida.




To make this card I used, a sheet of centura pearl card in a turquoise  shade to make large size square card. The backing paper was printed from the Peacock Summer Party CD also from Chocolate Baroque, I mounted this onto some matt silver mirri card. The stamp was coloured with promarkers and distress ink pads. I used a Martha Stewart punch to make the band across the middle, and added some ribbon. The feather I bought sometime ago but never got around to using.  The gems used are a lovely colour of peacock green but don't really show in the photo, and finally the sentiment was computer generated.

Thank you for looking, your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

starcyl said...

Sue this is stunning, I do like that stamp and combined with the backing paper makes a great card. Thanks for joining us again this week at CD Sunday and good luck with the draw.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Sue, this is gorgeous. A beautiful stamp which I haven't seen before and perfectly matched with the backing paper. Super colouring of the stamp.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week and good luck with the draw.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Sue - and so pleased to have you back joining in our challenges. I love the lady and all your colours and embellishments.
Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

How fabulous, I love the ladys cape and the beautiful colours, thanks for sharing with us again this week Wendy xx

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card, I so love this image
Beryl x

Aquarius said...

This a gorgeous card and well done for covering two challenges . I'm sure your daughter will love it.

Jocelyn said...

I've not seen that stamp before. Absolutely beautiful.

Wanda said...

A gorgeous card. I love that lady. Fab choice of colours.
Wanda xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card. I used that feather too, they're lovely. Hazel x Guest DT member

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card, love the feather too.
Margaret

Tess said...

WoW! Stunning card Sue.Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x

judith@poppy cottage said...

Sue, this is a gorgeous card, and I apologise for being so late to comment on it. I was on holiday when you posted it, and I've been like a whirling dervish since I got back!
The colours are beautiful, and the layout is fab, love the inclusion of the feather. I have some of those, and they are beautiful. I'm sure that your Daughter will love this card. Judith xx