Followers

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Absent For A While.

My card today was made at the weekend, using one of the gorgeous corner stamps from a set called Art Deco Floral Corners by Chocolate Baroque. I stamped onto a scrap of cream card stock and coloured the image with some pencils. I then just matched the colours in the image to some scraps of card for the matting and then added it to a 5x5 cream card base. The sentiment is from an old set that is also from Chocolate Baroque.


I have taken a small break (with a cup of coffee) from running around today to tell you what I will be getting up to over the next few weeks (just over 5 in fact). Hubby and I along with a friend of ours, Dave, are going on a road trip. Some of my older followers will remember that we did this in 2012 as well, last time we flew into Boston and travelled down the east coast of America before going up the middle to Chicago across to Toronto and Niagara Falls before returning to Boston and home. This time we are flying into Vancouver and starting our journey there. We plan to travel along the border until we get to the Glacier National Park and drop down into America, then travel down taking in Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. We then intend to go across to Los Angeles and take the coast road back up to San Fransisco, Seattle and finally back to Vancouver before flying home again on the 4th June. I've been busy making sure that we have everything packed that we will need for Five weeks. Also that there is enough food stored away in the freezer for our Son who will be at home while we are gone. I'm hoping to post some pictures on here during our travels, but you know what Internet services are like in Hotels, so this might not always work out. I know that I'm not going to have time to get around to visiting you all while I'm away, but I will enjoy catching up with everyone once we return.

If you took the time to read the above, Thank you and for your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

16 comments:

Aquarius said...

A fabulous card using this gorgeous stamp - might NEED this one! Shame you've not inked your birds on a wire yet!

Hope you all have a lovely trip, sounds wonderful.

Kath said...

A beautiful card - love the stamp you've used. Your road trip sounds amazing - enjoy!
Kath x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aussie aNNie said...

Great card and awesome stamp. Enjoy your roadtrip...hugs.xx

Valerija said...

Lovely card. Love the fun sentiment.
Valerija xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, your trip sounds amazing, we were in California in early February. I recall your 2012 trip as I was going to meet up with you and then had the bad fall, injured my knee and couldn't walk. Hard to believe that was 5 years ago! Have a great time, Shirleyxx ps.. your CAS card is very pretty :)

Viv said...

Lovely card Sue - and the trip sounds fantastic. Have a brilliant time. x

brenda said...

Your road trip sounds fabulous Sue and a perfect time of year to embark on it, have a lovely time and bring home lots of memories and photos.

Nearly forgot, lovely card with the CB stamps and a super sentiment as well.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Your trip sounds amazing Sue. I wish you a safe and happy journey and I hope that you'll make lots of happy memories. Gorgeous card with lovely, bright colours. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, a fabulous sentiment.
Your trip sounds wonderful, have a super time.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Di said...

Beautiful card Sue - and your trip sounds fabulous! Have fun and come back safe and sound.

Hugs

Di xx

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Sue, and what an adventure you are going on! Have a super holiday.
Janice x

Pat said...

I adore this Art Deco Floral Corner stamp Sue and your colouring is lovely. What a fantastic trip you are doing and such a lot of wonderful places you are visiting. I hope you have a great time. Take care. x

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a beautiful card dear Sue, great colours and your words are oh so true!!

Have fun!!
Maria

scrappymo! said...

I grinned at this sentiment...it is sure true!

Great card Sue and i hope you have a wonderful holiday.I have been following your journey on facebook and the photos look great.

Mrs A. said...

That has to be the truest saying I have ever seen!! Hope you enjoy your trip. It sounds like you have a lot of miles to travel. Look forward to hearing and seeing your photos. Hugs Mrs A.