Followers

Sunday 23 April 2017

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my wonderful Husband, who hasn't seen this card yet as he's still away today playing golf. I made this card (an 8x8) by first cutting a piece of Sheena's stamping card to just over 7x7, then I used stencil paste through a Dylusions stencil which was over sprayed with Dylusions when the paste was dry. I then used Stamps by Ryn to for the background scene. The giant turtle is also a stamp by Ryn that I stamped onto a separate piece of card and then fussy cut it out and added it with glue gel. The Happy Birthday die cut is from Tonic.



I would like to enter this card into the Customer Creation Challenge over on Ryn's blog and also into the Stamping Sensations challenge which is Anything Goes (this will be my third entry into this challenge this month)

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

17 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful Sue, the combination of colours, images and stenciling is fantastic. I hope you are doing well, xx

Aquarius said...

A wonderful underwater scene and I'm sure your husband will love it. I hope he's had good weather for his golf - been lovely here although a touch chilly despite the sunshine.

Dora said...

Great sea scene. Beautiful.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card, gorgeous image and gorgeous colours.
Valerija xx

cheryl said...

Oh hun he will love it great colours love cherylmxx

Viv said...

Fab man card and a lovely underwater scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations Sue.

Flo Langley said...

Wonderful card Sue. Happy Birthday to Steve.
Flo x

rachel said...

absolutely stunning sue - I know your hubby will love this its beautiful - puts me in mind of a turtle I once saw many years ago whilst snorkelling on the great barrier reef with my lovely shaun... aw - thanks for the memory! Big hugs Rachel x

cotnob said...

A super card Sue, you have created a fabulous underwater scene - I'm sure your husband will treasure his card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Sue, a beautiful scene and such lovely, vibrant colours. Happy birthday to your hubby - who happens to share a birthday with my hubby! xx

brenda said...

It's a fab card for your hubby Sue and love the depth of colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

I have often wondered about buying Sheena's stamping card, I have used the reverse side of Centure Pearl for years and wondered about trying this as an alternative.

B x

Sarn said...

Fantastic mixed media card Sue. Love the look of the bubbly stencil.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

Fabulous background and colors and I adore this turtle! Hugs, Autumn

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Sue, love the gorgeous colours here and stamps used. Great stamps these are too in quality.xx
Thanks for taking time to comment while I was away on my scheduled posts. Greatly appreciated.
[aNNie]

Janice said...

Wow, fantastic card Sue, love the underwater scene you have created. I'm sure your husband was thrilled with it.
Janice x

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Sue using Ryn's pretty stamps. The blues in the background are so bright and beautiful, and love the foliage, bubbles and little fishes, then that sweet turtle. x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Fantastic card!! Great image and colours I love this!!
Greetings
Maria