Followers

Tuesday 16 January 2018

One Layer Butterflies

It was quite a busy time last week, with hospital visits everyday, thank you all for your good wishes. Father-in-law is still in hospital with a chest infection we're hoping he comes home later this week and Sister-in-law is now at home with no diagnosis as to what is wrong. She has to return for more tests though and has been given six weeks off work. Right now onto my card today, this has been made for the current Butterfly Challenge, which is only for a few more hours so I'm getting in by the skin of my teeth. On the 6th January I went with my friend down to Eileen Godwin's and took one of her wonderful workshops, we made one layer cards just like this one. So when I got home I knew that this was what I would do for the challenge, it was just a case of finding the time to tidy a little so I had room to craft. Well I managed it this morning and this was the result. An A6 one layer card using Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar distress inks and then Picked Raspberry through a butterfly stencil. I then used the edge of a Visible Image stamp around the edges using Real Red from Stampin Up and then finally I used the Butterfly stamp from Visible Image and sentiment stamp from Crafters Companion.



I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:
Butterfly Challenge - O is for one layer and or the colour Ultra Pink
Allsorts Challenge - No patterned papers
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes

Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Barb said...

Your card is just stunning Sue. I love the colours and what a lovely technique and it's the perfect one layer card! Barbxx

Viv said...

A great job here Sue - and one of my fave colours!!

Joan said...

Beautiful! Butterflies and pink , what's not to like

Joan

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A very beautiful and vibrant card Sue and I just adore those silhouette butterflies. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Mrs A. said...

Love , love the Ultra pink on this card. Looks so good with the red edging. The stamp is perfect for inking up in black and making a bold statement. Thankyou for fluttering into the garden for this challenge. The more the merrier. Hugs Mrs A.

Unknown said...

Hi Sue what a gorgeous card and your colours and design are wonderful.

Debs xx
https://debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk/

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Sue, gorgeous pinks and pretty butterflies - your sentiment is perfect.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

rachel said...

This is so very beautiful Sue - I absolutely love it!!!! Good to hear father in law is ok, hope sister in law gets to the bottom of her problems soon. Big hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

Really super background and a lovely design.
Thank you for joining our 'No patterned papers' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours Sue, just adore this card, butterflies and just so pretty.xx [aNNie]

Jane Willis said...

Wow Sue this is absolutely stunning! I love it!!!
Jane

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card.

Janice said...

A stunning card Sue, with a fabulous pink background. Love the butterflies.
Janice x

Cobnut Crafter said...

What fabulous colours for your background - so strong and vibrant. Love the way you have framed the butterflies with your corner stamping. Gorgeous card Sue. x Anne