Followers

Thursday 15 March 2018

Crafty Play Day

I belong to a local group of Crafters who meet once every two weeks on a Thursday evening and again once a month on a Saturday. Last Saturday was one of those days and below was the result of some playing with a canvas, texture paste, black card and gilding waxes. We started by putting texture paste onto the canvas and then partly drying it (the aim is to get like a skin on the top) and then pushing it about to get the ripple effect with a palette knife. When this was dry it was painted with a wash of Deco Art paints, I used Red, Yellow and Green on mine, although the green is very pale. While this was drying I cut out from black card, a Bee from a Tim Holtz Sizzix, Texture Fades die and embossing folder. I also cut out some flowers and leaves using some Tattered Lace dies that use the same technique as the bee, again in black card. The Dream die was from Tonic, I cut two of these and stuck them together. I then used Pebeo guiding wax on the Bee and Dream, and Viva Decor Inca Golds on the flowers and leaves (these come in various colours). After sticking everything in place I added some pearls that matched into the centres of the flowers and then some gold leaf around the edge of the canvas.



I'm entering this into the following challenge:

More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes /Optional Green

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

13 comments:

Carole said...

Wow this is stunning Sue! Love the texture and those flowers look like metal.

Jo said...

Beautiful....love the texture you've created & the word dream is perfect x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Sue, beautiful flowers - lovely rich colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Joan said...

Wow, what a fabulous canvas Sue, I love those flowers and the bee


Joan

Liz said...

Oh WOW, Sue, what a stunning creation! I've booked myself on a Mixed Media workshop in a couple of months. I know it will take me WAY out of my comfort zone. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Wow, Sue, that is one serious playing with canvas and mixed media and your result is just fabulous, love the edging .xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Mrs A. said...

I wish I had had the time to come and join in as this is stunning. The flowers are gorgeous and the gilding around the edge just finishes the piece off. Hugs Mrs A.

Valerija said...

Great texture and fabulous card.
Valerija xx

MiamiKel said...

Wow, Sue! That is an amazing class to take with all the textures and paste and toys - and the end result - this card - is fabulous! What a fun group it sounds like - you are so lucky :) Xx

Janice said...

OMG Sue, this is amazing! A beautiful work of art to hang on your wall.
Janice x

rachel said...

This is fantastic Sue - I absolutely love it! How wonderful!!! Gorgeous texture and colours! Hugs rachel x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful Sue, the textures are fabulous :) Take care xx

Barb said...

Your canvas is gorgeous Sue. Great textures and I enjoyed reading how you made it. Barbxx