Followers

Tuesday 9 October 2018

Saturday Workshop Makes

Just a quick post from me today as I have a busy week ahead. On Saturday I went to a workshop at The Art Of Craft in Farnborough, the workshop was with the very talented Martine Smith, using dies from John Next Door. In the morning we made these beautiful lanterns with the flowers being made with silk foam. This was the first time that I had made flowers with this medium and I must admit to falling in love with it. Unfortunately the lantern did not travel home very well in the car.



In the afternoon we made this card again using dies from John Next Door  and the silk foam again. I had a fantastic day with like minded people.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

7 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your foam flowers are beautiful ...I love working with foam...yet to try silk foam though
Cheers
Dr Sonia

cotnob said...

Fabulous projects Sue, your lantern is so pretty and I love your card.
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your workshop, it sounds like fun.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carole said...

Two beautiful makes Sue. I am not sure what silk foam is but your flowers look fabulous and it seems as though you had a good time at the workshop.

Liz said...

What fabulous creations, Sue! I haven't come across silk foam before. Sounds like you had fun at the workshop. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Really lovely post Sue, great makes and the lantern/birdcage is stunning.x

rachel said...

Beautiful makes Sue - those flowers really are fabulous...love them! Glad you had a great course! Hugs Rachel xx

Janice said...

Two gorgeous projects Sue, the flowers are just beautiful. So pleased you had an enjoyable day.
Janice x