Followers

Thursday 25 July 2019

July Rudolph Days

I can't believe that on what is forecast to maybe the hottest UK day on record that I'm posting a Christmas card. But today is the 25th so time for this months Rudolph Days challenge. Those of you how follow my blog regularly will know that I recently attended a two day workshop with Sweet Poppy Stencils. I have adapted a card that I made there into this one which is a smaller version, which will be cheaper to post when December gets here. I used the Holly Wreath stencil and translucent paste topped with green glitter while the paste was still wet. I then found a stamp that would fit into my small circle and matt and layered this into the middle using red and gold mirri card. I finished by matting and layering onto the same red and gold mirri card and popped onto a 6x6 card base. I do hope that you can join in the fun over on the Rudolph Days Challenge blog this month. It runs until the end of the month and there is a choice of two wonderful prizes on offer for the winner of the draw.



 Now it would not be me if I didn't make more that one, I made eight to add to my stash. These will be shared between myself , my mother and my father-in-law at Christmas.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

17 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, lovely batch of cards Sue, fabulous design x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely set of cards Sue..x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
what a fantastic design and so many lovely ones too.
I love how you have created that beautiful wreath and all the lovely colours in your design.
Happy Rudolf Days.
Lots of crafty love. Jeny L.

scrappymo! said...

Wow, Sue. You had a good session of batch baking this great design I liked reading about the way you made your wreath. It really is so pretty.

Both you and Jenny encircled your sentiments with your designs this months I really like the look of that. The mirri card gives just the right boost of attention to your design.

Thanks for all your hard work on the Rudolph Days Challenge design team.

Crafty hugs, Maureen

Aquarius said...

Well done for making a batch of these pretty cards - I was about to comment on the heat/Christmas card lines too. Way too hot for my liking at the moment.

Mrs A. said...

A lovely design. I am busy moving my chair around the garden from one shady spot to another. Glass of wine in hand I might add.Hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Not just one beautiful card but eight. A gorgeous wreath and a really fabulous design.

Kath x

MiamiKel said...

Sue these are just gorgeous - love the elegance of each! These are beautiful wreaths and I'm in awe that you have created so many! Perfect! xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Sue, such an elegant design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

lichazul said...

super fine and delicate card!
congrats
hugs from Chile

rachel said...

Wow - super card - and 8? Amazing work Sue xx

Carol L said...

The holly wreath around the sentiment is a beautiful and CAS design that I really like! You're folks will be very pleased that you're sharing these pretty cards with them! NJ on the set!

Bonnie said...

Love this wreath, Sue! One of the prettiest I've seen!

Darnell said...

You know how much I love you and your beautiful works of art, Sue, but gee, golly, willickers, you sure do make a girl feel slothful! Your productivity is legendary and we all aspire to be you. Your card is stunning ... cards are stunning - and inspiring!! Hugs, Darnell

AlisonC said...

Gorgeous. A traditional look with a modern twist. I thought that was a die cut but it's an impressive stencil instead!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW so serene and beautiful and you have added such an elegant touch to them too
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Greta said...

So elegant & gorgeous--one of my favorites!