Followers

Thursday 25 February 2021

February Rudolph Days Challenge

Where has this year gone to already? I can't believe that we are nearly at the end of February but as we are it's time for this month's Rudolph Days Challenge. For those of you who haven't heard of this challenge before it's run by a lovely lady called Maureen who lives in Canada and runs from 25th of the month until the end. You can enter 1 card with any Christmas theme per month and the winner is pick at random at the end of the month. Maureen normally has a choice of 2 prizes for you to pick from should you be lucky enough to win. For my card this month I have used a stamp by Creative Expressions, there were 6 stamps in this set and they are all long and thin. I started with an A4 piece of card and sprayed it with Distress Oxide in greens. When dry I cut the card into three and stamped on each piece using versafine ink, then embossed using fine gold embossing powder. I then mounted them onto some gold card and then an A5 card blank. I'm not sure if I'm going to add a sentiment yet of just let the baubles speak for themselves. These are my first three cards into my box for this year. As many of you already know I usually make my Mum's Christmas cards for her, but as she has recently passed away the pressure has eased this year and I'll not have to produce so many.


Three for my box


 Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue



19 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Hi Sue
The challenge post will be late going up as my computer died last night! My daughter will loan me hers so I can get the post up, as soon as she is home from work.

Your bauble cards are so pretty. I love the subtle look of the gold. It is a soft contrast to that gorgeous green and looks beautiful.

Hugs to you both on the loss of your Mum. I have a card sent off to you in that regard.

aussie aNNie said...

Sue this is beautiful. Love the embossing and colour. Have a lovely weekend.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fabulous cards and I love the touch of gold Sue as it gives your cards a real, opulent feel x

Aquarius said...

Three gorgeous Christmas cards and entering the challenge each month gives people an incentive to start hoarding cards for later in the year.

cotnob said...

A beautiful collection of cards Sue, a fabulous background and gorgeous baubles - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Vicky Hayes said...

What an absolutely stunning design Sue, and I agree that they don't need a sentiment necessarily. I love the gold with those gorgeous greens and the embossing is perfect! Vicky x

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sue! We're never ready to let our Mum go!

You've started off your Christmas box beautifully with this pretty background and elegant baubles!

Brenda said...

I think this year is already flying by too Sue, I just don't know where the days go! Your card is stunning! I love that background you made with your DIO's, so pretty and that gold embossing just is so elegant on the background. A beautiful card and I don't think any sentiment is necessary. I'm so sorry for the passing of your mum, that is always hard, but it is good that you won't have to make extra Christmas cards. Big hugs, Brenda

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

So agree Sue this month has zoomed by super fast especially, as were in summer.
Lovely set of cards used that stamp very well Sue, well done.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Carol L said...

The gold and turquoise make wonderful Christmas cards! They're so elegant and stunning! So sorry you lost your mum, I wasn't aware until I just read. Take care and stay well.

Darnell said...

You sure started your 2021 stash off with a bang, Sue! This design is literally brilliant and I think a lot of us will be CASEing it! The color and shine are remarkable. I hope you are keeping well and doing okay. Hugs, Darnell

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what very gorgeous green backgrounds you have created and I love that wonderful stamp and your lovely gold embossing on top.
Very luxurious looking cards.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful and classy. Even though the stamp is tall and thin by adding the border it looks stunning on the blank white card base. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

Such a pretty trio of cards. Love the stamp and it looks great embossed.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

rachel said...

Beautiful Sue - love your bauble cards - they are so elegant. Big hugs lovely lady xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fabby set of stunners fellow teamie and I'm loving that gorgeous green too, Luv Sam x

Maria said...

O mundo está nas mãos daqueles que têm a coragem de sonhar e correr o risco de viver seus sonhos.

Greta said...

So sorry you lost your mom, Sue. No matter what age, loosing parents is so hard. I adore your gorgeous, elegant cards!

Jules said...

Hi Sue

Sorry, I am very late commenting here. Trying hard to catch up with everyone but it seems to be taking me forever!

I love your Christmas card. The gold embossing of that beautiful stamp looks wonderful.

Love Jules xx