Followers

Friday 3 March 2023

Something New

Now for something new. Just before my trip to Cornwall at Half Term along with 5 crafty friends, I went to a workshop held by Ali Reeve from Stamps Away. We had a wonderful day learning how to Glass Fuse using a small kiln and a Microwave. We each had a space along with various pieces of glass and some tools, also 2 small Kilns and a Microwave so there was no waiting in a line to use equipment. The whole day went by so quickly and we all came away happy with what we had made. I've added a bail to each of three of my makes which I hope to turn into necklaces and there are a couple of the smaller pieces that I would like to make into rings. I just need to find out where to buy the settings for them. If you want to try something new like this it's well worth taking a look at Ali's Website she does some very interesting workshops and reasonable too. Two of the friends returned home and have bought small kilns and a spare Microwave and have continued to glass fuse. As much as I would love to be able to do that I must admit to hoarding far too much craft stash already so have no room for anything else.


 Thank you for taking the time to visit and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

brenda said...

Aren't they pretty Sue, really is something different.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Wow, you really have made an assortment here. The colours are lovely. I did a class at our local craft shop years ago when it first opened (sadly been shut for some time now as you know. Hugs Mrs A.

LesleyG said...

Wow what a lovely thing to try, your results are beautiful xxx

Aquarius said...

Nice to see something a bit different and these all look lovely but I know what you mean about getting into yet another crafty technique. Not sure I'd have space to launch into anything else unless I ditch some of my stash 🙄

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is so cool. I would love to learn to make something like this too! Simply stunning!
Cheers, Dr Sonia

aussie aNNie said...

These are gorgeous Sue, stunning x

gwen70 said...

Wow these are beautiful xx

Sarn said...

I'd like to add another "WOW" comment Sue. Your little gems are beautiful and will make lovely jewellery. Congrats on trying out something different. xxx

rachel said...

Such fun Sue and a beautiful results too - I love doing fused glass - its a great way to make art.

Joan said...

These are beautiful Sue, will make lovely necklaces


Joan x