Followers

Friday 18 February 2011

Funky Fashion and Forgotten Friday 5

Another Friday and another rummage through the cupboard for forgotten stamps, accessories and stuff. This week I've made 3 cards with these Funky Fashion stamps from Elusive Images that I bought when they were first released. They have been used before but not for a long time.


The acrylic tags were in a stash box that I bought from Graphicus some time ago, also the ribbon slider. The flowers that are on the dress card were a very pale pink and did look right so I coloured them the same colour as the flowers on the dress with a Promarker.

All of the backing papers are by Bearly Mine designs. The beaded string across the bottom card I made using some thread that I have on a small cone which I have in the past used with my knitting machine, the beads from my stash. The backing paper I used on the bottom card reminded me of the Indian fabric that you can get with the little mirrors embroidered onto it, so I used a quickie glue pen and added some glitter to the middle of the circles.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Sue

2 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love the cards Sue! I have these stamps too, and they rarely get an airing these days, but they have been well used in their time. You have been really inventive in your layouts. I love the colours on the first one, the pinks are lovely. I like the idea of the Indian fabric on the last one, and the blues on number two are great. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, and regarding the project on the new Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog. We've made some more pieces to be revealed soon I hope! Thanks for playing along with my Forgotten Friday post again this week, I really appreciate it, Judith xx

Aquarius said...

Well done for making three great cards using your forgotten stamps and I like what you have done with the paper to make it look like shisha mirror fabric. I have some of those acrylic pieces too so must dig them out - so much stash that some is bound to get forgotten!!