Followers

Friday 18 March 2011

Forgotten Friday 9 - Another Butterfly - Or Three

I can't believe that it's Friday again, it has come around so quickly. This is my contribution to Forgotten Friday over at Poppy Cottage this week. Last week I used the Harlequin Butterfly stamp plate, and while I was getting them out of the cupboard I also got out the Patchwork Butterfly stamp plate. Last night I stamped out the butterfly and the sentiment several times, and I coloured 3 in while watching the TV intending to pick the one that I liked the best to post on here today. This morning I printed off 3 different backing papers from the Artylicious Essence of Nature CD and put 3 cards together, all very similar. However I could not decide which one I like the best so I have posted all 3.


The first card I made, I coloured the butterfly with shades of pink, added some ribbon to the side of the card and also added some flowers. I used my Big and Juicy ink pads to add some colour to the sentiments on all of the cards matching them to the colours I used on the butterflies.

For the second card I used red's, orange's and yellow's for the butterfly. Some orange and yellow ribbon and some orange flowers.

And the third I used lilacs, purple and green. Also flowers and ribbons that matched the colours used.
Which one do you prefer?
Thanks for looking.
Sue




1 comment:

judith@poppy cottage said...

Sue, thank you so much for joining in my Forgotten Friday Post. Apologies for the delay in my comment, but I've been away visiting my parents. I love this big EI butterfly, it's a gorgeous stamp, and it looks lovely with the Essence of Nature backing papers. I like all of your colour combinations, so I can't choose a favourite! Hope to see you again on Friday, Judith xx