Followers

Friday, 3 August 2012

Dreaming Of A White Christmas

I knew when I saw the latest stamps from Sheena Douglas, that I had to have them. As it was my Birthday last weekend my Son brought them for me, so once cut out I had to use them. I loved the cards on the recent show, on C and C, that were stamped onto blue backgrounds and embossed with white embossing powder, this was my first attempt at recreating something similar. First I made a background by using Chipped Sapphire, Broken China and Tumbled Glass distress stains onto my glass cutting board and spritzing with plenty of water, I placed the card face down onto the ink and moved around a little to make sure it was all covered. I dried with a heat gun and then over sprayed with some tattered angel spray to give it a bit of a shimmer. I left it to dry overnight and then this morning I stamped with the new stamps, using perfect medium and WOW bright white embossing powder. I then mounted onto some Silver mirri card, and a 6x6 navy blue card base. The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque from an old sheet of Christmas sentiments, which I think have been discontinued, but there are plenty more available form the website. I think the combination of the blue and white are perfect for Christmas cards.



Thank you for taking the time to look. Your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue



4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I love your blue background, great technique ! The white embossing looks awesome with it and resulted in a beautiful & elegant Christmas Card. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous Sue. I've resisted these stamps so far but not for much longer methinks.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Sue, I just love the white embossing on blue, it looks so icy. Fabulous! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wintery scene Sue and great stamps! Beautiful colour combi with the white EP, warm greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.