Followers

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

FYI - Peacock

It's time again for another challenge over on the For Your Inspiration blog, and another beautiful photo to help us along. The first thing that I thought of when I saw this photo, was Peacocks. I knew that I had some stamps with Peacocks somewhere in amongst my huge stash of stamps. It's taken me a few days to find them, but I got there in the end.


I started with a piece of card 14 x 14 cms, and got out my Sprinky sprays from Inkylicious, and sprayed directly onto my glass cutting mat, then picked the colour up onto the card. I left it to dry overnight and then today I have over stamped with a small peacock feather stamp, using Distress ink pads. Next I stamped the peacock with Versafine Black and embossed with Wow black embossing powder. Next I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir pens, then cut around the image. I mounted  the background onto some textured gold card that I found in my cupboard, and then onto a 15 x15 cm green card base. With the same gold and green card I placed a strip along the middle, as a base to put the Peacock onto. Finally I added some flowers that matched, and a couple of swirls, cut from a Marianne die. I'll add a sentiment at a later date.


 Thank you for taking the time to look. Your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue


8 comments:

  1. you have interpreted the colours in the photograph beautifully with this peacock card - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, indeed a perfect match with the photo, same colour combi and your 'peacock card' is really gorgeous! Fab work, warm greet Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue ! I agree with Miranda this is an excellent match with the photo ! Gorgeous card that you created, the peacock image is beautiful, love this card ! Take care, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is so beautiful! Love the peacock image and the colors are perfect~hugs Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this is AMAZING! Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is stunning! I love that you thought of peacocks when you saw the photo. Your coloring is wonderful and so is this card. I'm so glad you joined us at FYI.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.