Followers

Tuesday 14 August 2012

In The Pink

There's a new challenge blog called In The Pink, which is run by two lovely ladies call Christine (AKA Posh Priscilla) and Sylvia (AKA Pretty Patricia). I guess by the tittle of the blog that it going to be all about pink. I'm not normally a pink person, I don't very often do cute either but managed to pull both out of the bag for their first challenge, which is Fifty Shades Of Pink.

I started my card by stamping this lovely image from Lili Of The Valley called It's My Party, and coloured using Spectrum Noir pens, I then blended  some Angel Pink Memento ink around the edge of the image, and mounted onto some silver mirri card. The backing papers are some off cuts that I've had in my bits box, ribbon and flowers are from my stash. The leaves are die cut from a Marianne die, and the sentiment (also from Lili Of The Valley) is mounted onto a spellbinders die cut. Finally all is mounted onto a 6x6 pink card base.



Thank you for taking the time to look. Your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Sue - thank you so much for getting out your pink crafty stash to enter the first ITP Challenge - we really appreciate it! Your card is gorgeous - that is one of my favourite LOTV images, and I love the flower spray and the layout.

I do hope you will be using your pink stash again for the next ITP challenge!
Sylvia xx

Aquarius said...

Certainly lots of pink on this card and I just love that image - very typical small girl with attitude. Must take a look at this challenge

Michelle J M said...

This is so sweet Sue. Beautifully coloured image and the layout and embellishments are lovely. Michelle x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hello there fellow Pink lover. Isn't it fabulous about the launch of In the Pink? I stopped in for a closer look at your card. I'm linked at #1 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello.

Hi Sue, this is a fabulous LOTV stamp, she arrived in the post yesterday for me and I get a giggle each time I see her. Love the card you've made, pretty papers and love the flowers!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Sue this is so lovely and beautiful. Very sweet.
Lovely greet
Marja

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! I'm the same as you, I don't normally use a lot of pink and don't create 'cute' much, but still enjoy seeing what other people create in this style. Your card is beautiful & I really like the adorable image. Great work with your design ! Have a great day ! Shirleyx

Karen H said...

Hi Sue, I'm popping over from ITP! Your card is lovely and it certainly doesn't show that this is out of your typical element! :o) The LOTV image is colored up beautifully and I love the design you surrounded her with. Beautiful work! I hope you have a great night! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Christine L said...

Hi Sue

Well you certainly DID pull it out of the bag... your card is gorgeous - I love the delicate shades of pink you've used on that fab image, and those flowers and layout finish it off perfectly!

Thanks for joining in our very first challenge at In The Pink.. we are so excited to see so many pink lovers sharing their passion.. Hope to see you in our future challenges too!

Big hugs
Christine (AKA Posh..)
In The Pink

Sheila said...

Such a girlie card Sue, love everything about it x

Carol said...

Lovely card Sue.
Carol
xx