Followers

Thursday 18 October 2012

Pan Pastels Challenge 40

I've got crafting withdrawal this week, there is just so much that I have to do, 60 years of paperwork to look through (my Uncle who recently passed away lived in the family home and hoarded receipts, bills etc for many years) it has bought to light some interesting things, like family birth certificates and the like. I didn't think I would be taking part in any challenges for the next few weeks, but I remembered that I had this card that I made a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get around to showing on the blog. It fits perfectly for the challenge on the Pan Pastel Challenge blog which this week is wedded bliss, and what says it more than a Golden Wedding card. I used Debbi Moore's Glitter and Glitz Paris CD and an 8x8 white card base for this card. I printed the backing paper onto glossy photo paper, which makes the gold effect look brighter and mounted onto some gold mirri card. The topper is printed onto matt photo paper and then placed onto the card with foam pads. I added a border and place gold coloured flat backed pearls onto it. The flowers were a cream colour which I sprayed with gold glimmer mist sprays and added some centres that I made myself using bead end caps and flat backed pearls, and the leaves are a crealie die. Lastly I added the sentiment which was printed on a laser printer and then put through the foiling machine with gold foil.




Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

7 comments:

Michelle J M said...

Stunning! This is really beautiful Sue. The layout is perfect for the image. Sorry to hear about your Uncle and wish you well. Michelle x

Aquarius said...

Such an elegant card - just right for an anniversary. Bead caps are great for flower centres aren't they? Good luck with sorting the paperwork - been ther, done that and it isn't always easy!

Miranda said...

Hi Sue, great lay-out and like the shape you've die cut with! Lovely card and wish you well with taking care of things, isn't easy to do, warm greet Miranda

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! Such a beautiful card ! So elegant with the image and great die cut behind it. I hope you are doing well, wishing you all the best, Shirleyx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful golden wedding card, I love the gorgeous nighttime scene and the flowers are beautiful. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Sue, really beautiful. I love the image you've used. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

Deanna said...

Sending you prayers during this difficult time Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle. It is amazing what we keep for so many years and what we find as we sort through those years. I am so glad you were able to take some time and enter such a beautiful card. It is such a stunning scene. Take care of yourself and thank you for your kind comments~Hugs Deanna