Followers

Friday 31 May 2013

Punky Flowers

What a wonderful change in the weather were having today, certainly a change from the last few days, I hope that it's good where you are too? I ordered these wonderful new stamps as soon as they were released from Chocolate Baroque at the beginning of the month, and cut them out as soon as they arrived. Then did not get a chance to play with them until this week, and I hate to say that this has been waiting to be put onto a card until today. I had some white oval shaped pieces of card left over from a previous project so stamped these wonderful flowers, that look like lights, on a piece. I coloured them with promarkers and added some tumbled glass DI from the outside towards the middle, and then added some vintage photo around the edge. With another piece of left over white card I blended tumbled glass at the top and peeled paint at the bottom, then using vintage photo and rusty hinge I stamped the cog trees in a fairly uniform pattern, fading them into the background by using the second stamp with rusty hinge. Again I went around the outside of the card with vintage photo. I have not added a sentiment yet, I shall pop it into my box of cards until I'm ready to use it.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

3 comments:

Aquarius said...

Love these light bulb flowers and the colours you've used to make this great card.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design & colours on the light bulb flowers. The oval looks great over the 'field' of Cog plants. Our weather has been up & down. Today it's over 30 degrees and 37 with the humidex. It will cool off again over the weekend, this is not normal for this time of year. Too hot to work outside! Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

rachel said...

wonderful stamps sue and I just adore what you've done with them - the colours are fabulous! Long may this weather last!!! Hugs xx