Followers

Sunday, 23 June 2013

CD Sunday - S Is For

This week the challenge over on the CD Sunday blog is S Is For, and is chosen by Beryl. I've decided to do S is for Stamping, and used this gorgeous stamp of a blue tit from Joanna Sheen, and the Jayne Netley Mayhew collection of stamps. It also mean't that I would have the perfect backing paper to go with the stamp used. My card is an 8x8 white card base and I used a centura pearl card in green for the matting. I added some pretty peeloff corners and some organza ribbon and rosette to the middle. I stamped the blue tit in Memento Tuxedo Black, and then coloured with aqua pencils. I also stamped the blossom stamp that was with the bird several times to add as an embellishment and coloured these with aqua pencils also. Then I used my Silouette Cameo to cut out the Happy Birthday and Cricut to cut out MUM. I also used a lables die from spellbinders to make a frame for the blue tit. Wynn is still our guest designer this week, and I know that both she and the other design team members have made some wonderful cards as inspiration, do pop over and take a look.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Sue. Great colouring and I love the way you have layered up the blossoms.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design Sue, the bird is beautiful. Clever use of the letter S :) Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful sue. Love that birdie - just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty card Sue. Any Mum would be pleased to receive this one. I love the stamps you've used. Wish my colouring in was as good as yours.... it looks fab.
    Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Sue, a beautiful stamped image and coloured perfectly. Love the die cuts and the ribbon adds a super finishing touch.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing beautiful card!! oooo...what is that bird so beautiful on this card. great colouring!!
    your mum wil indeed like this one.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.