Followers

Thursday 13 June 2013

Vintage Car

The challenge over on My Craft Creations at the moment is Transport, and I just happen to have been asked to make this Arty Farty Car for a friend whose Father is just about to turn 70. I've made this car before but in white, as a wedding car with red roses, horseshoes and just married signs. But that was not the right colour for this one, however I did have a nice sheet of A3 card in this green, which is like the old Racing Green colour of the old MG's, so this is what I've used along with some red. The main body of the card is cut out of the A3 sheet and the hood and seat is cut out of the red. I've added some peel offs to the side of the card to make it look like metal trim, the steering wheel, dash board and wheels are all part of the template pack. I also added Happy Birthday, Dad and 70 using peel offs.


In the template pack there is also one for the box to display the car, and for this I used this lime coloured card. Again I needed A3 card, so the choice came down to what I had that would go with the car.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue


5 comments:

Sheila said...

Fantastic car, thanks for joining in at craft creations challenge, good luck x

Aquarius said...

This is a brilliant car and box - quite fiddly to make I imagine but well worth the effort.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Sue this is a fabulous project ! Beautiful work and I can imagine the wedding car was gorgeous. Hope you are enjoying the day, Shirleyx

rachel said...

wow Sue - this is just amazing - love it to bits - brilliant work - you should enter it into the simon says stamp challenge where the theme is transport xx

Michelle J M said...

Just look at that! Clever Sue, what a fabulous creation. Its quite nice to do other things than cards isn't it. Michelle x