Followers

Sunday 30 November 2014

A Couple of Christmas Gifts

This week I've been busy making these memory boxes as Christmas gifts. I bought the boxes from the MDF man at a show earlier this year, and after making one a month or so ago for a great niece for Christmas (still have another to make for her older sister yet, but will be putting her name on it) I thought I would make a couple more. First the boxes were treated to a cover of gesso and while they were drying I sat down and had a look a what backing papers I had on CDs that I could use to cover them. I went for this lovely backing paper from Chocolate Baroque and the Decadent Brocade CD (on sale at the moment on the CB website) For the larger box I chose the peachy colour and the smaller box the blues. For the inside I used a backing paper from the same CD in matching colours but a different design.



 The backing papers where applied with Matt glue and seal, this could also be done with a gloss finish as well. The flowers and leaves are from Heartfelt Creations, the Arianna Collection, and the sentiment are from a Fiskers set based around Memories. The flowers were coloured with ink pads and a blending tool and then shaped with a ball tool, before being stuck onto the top.


Thank you for taking the time time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

4 comments:

Jan said...

Stunning boxes xx Jan

rachel said...

such wonderful boxes Sue - these are so beautiful and will be utterly loved! Someone is in for a real treat! Hugs Rachel xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow these boxes are so beutiful , I love thim a lot great images , great words great details, great gifts too!!!

Greetings
Maria

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, these are gorgeous, not sure how I missed them, but it's been busy these days. I love the flowers by Heartfelt Creations, I have that set as well. They need to be taken out used. Take good care, Shirleyxx ps.. Congratulations on your beautiful canvas being published in the Craft Stamper magazine! Shirleyxx