Followers

Friday 21 November 2014

While Shepherds Watched.....

This week has flown by, I can't believe that it's Friday already. I have a card to share today that I made earlier this week using this stamp from Chocolate Baroque off the Child is Born stamp sheet. On my PC I had this down loadable sheet music for While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night, so I faded the image and then printed it off and stamped over the top. I coloured with  promarkers and then went over the background with distress inks. I then distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distress tool before mounting onto some mid blue card. Finally I mounted onto an A5 pale blue card base. I felt that it didn't need any more embellishments or sentiments added, so for me this is a fairly CAS card.



I'm going to enter this card into this months challenge over on the Stamping Sensations blog which
this month is Christmas.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

11 comments:

NancyD said...

This is beautiful Sue. I love that you superimposed the two images. Very nice! NancyD

Linda Wareham said...

Really lovely card Sue :)

rachel said...

this is awesome Sue - what a very clever design and a beautiful use of the shepherds stamp. Big hugs to you Sue! Rachel xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful Sue, I love the stamping over the music sheet. Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyxx

aussie aNNie said...

Evening Sue, oh my this is just beautiful love the beautiful stamp contrasted with the music sheet...just wonderful.xx
The Journey is the Start

Michelle J M said...

So beautiful Sue. Love how you stamped onto the music score and I quite agree, it doesn't need anything else, its perfect! Michelle x

brenda said...

It's so nice to see a Christmas card that reflects the true meaning of Christmas Sue.

Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations November challenge.

B x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow so beautiful Sue!! I love the background songpage with the shepherds , yes your card refects the true meaning of Christmas!!! I love it!!!

Greetings
Maria

Sally H said...

A wonderful Christmas creation,Sue! I love the music background and the Shepherds are beautifully coloured! A very serene card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous.Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations challenge. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Sue, have already commented but just to let you know of my candy...
The Journey is the Start
I also have candy here....,
http://thejourneyisthestart.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/brea-ornament.html