Followers

Friday 25 May 2018

Rudolph Days

I can't believe that it's the 25th of the month already so it's time to head over to the Rudolph Days Challenge. I did manage to be a bit more organised this time and have a card ready to post. This time last year I had quite a big collection of cards ready for the big day in December, this year I am way behind. This prompted me to make 8 all of the same of this card. I bought the stamp that I've used about two years ago in a sale over on Imagination Crafts, along with a lot more (the price was really good) and have to admit that this is the first time that the stamp has been inked. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Pro-markers. I then fussy cut around the outside of the image. With a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card base and one of the smaller stamps in the set I randomly stamped over the card before sticking the topper onto the base.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

17 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Sue. I love how the tree is made from holly leaves. I also like how you’ve used holly leaves in the background too, it all works together really well and you’ve coloured it beautifully. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What an excellent card and your design looks awesome.
Love the hooly background too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A super card Sue, I love your tree and the fabulous background you have created.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

rachel said...

really pretty card - love this - I had forgotten about imagination crafts stamps! Hugs rachel x

Liz said...

Great Christmas card, Sue, it's a lovely stamped image and I love the stamped background. xx

scrappymo! said...

The holly theme of the background so matches the tree! It looks great, Sue.
This is a lovely image and you have made it up into an equally lovely card. No wonder you made eight!

Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Sue, very Christmassy...xx[aussie aNNie blog]

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is stunningly beautiful ... I love how you try so many techniques and make such gorgeous gorgeous cards
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Anonymous said...

i love the holly tree and the holly background on this beautiful christmas card! no wonder you made eight to build up your stash. thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
linda
rudolph days challenge DT

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful, I love both the image and the background

LesleyG said...

Love the stamped background, and the topper is gorgeous, beautifully coloured! Happy RD xxx p.s. I too am way behind!

Sally H said...

That's a stunning card, Sue! I love it! Beautiful colouring!

MiamiKel said...

OH Sue, I love this! Such fabulous colouring - the tree has so much dimension and depth! You've really captured the essence of winter and the feel of Christmas - gorgeous frame, too! xx

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Sue, I love your stamping.
Janice x

Viv said...

A great background for a great centre image Sue.

Joan said...

Lovely card Sue, thanks for the reminder about Rudolph day, nearly missed it this time!

Joan

scrappymo! said...

Hi Sue You won at Rudolph Days this month. I know you are away, so email me when you have a chance.

Maureen Kane