Followers

Thursday 9 August 2018

Another Mixed Media Tag

I so enjoyed making my last mixed media tag for the Allsorts Challenge that I decided to make another one, which I'm also going to enter into the More Mixed Media Challenge which is Anything Goes with Optional Brights. I started with the same size tag as last time but gave it a coat of white gesso this time. I then used a different Tim Holtz Stencil with some texture paste and this time I sprayed with distress sprays in three different colours. As they looked quite dull when they were dry I popped the stencil back over and coated the exposed with versamark ink and put some clear embossing powder on top, this gives it a bit more depth in colour and makes it nice and glossy. I added some lace, flowers a metal leaf and a butterfly button from my stash to finish.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

Aquarius said...

A super tag with the raised areas and the lovely lace and flowers.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Sue ...you have packed in so much of beauty in that tag...the multi-colored roses are breathtakingly dazzling!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

cotnob said...

A gorgeous tag Sue, a beautiful background - pretty colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

A great background and some lovely flowers, great tag. Thank you for joining our 'Tags' challenge over at Alllsorts, once again.

Kath x

Liz said...

Beautiful tag, Sue. Lovely design and I love the stencilled background. xx

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your inspiring tag, touch of lace and flowers, fabulous...love it.xxx [did I tell you I love this?}

brenda said...

Another really lovely tag Sue and so plased you have enjoyed making them for our challenge, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts 'tags' theme.

B x

susiestacey said...

Such a pretty tag.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Tags' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Janice said...

Another fabulous tag Sue, pretty colours and love the background.
Janice x

Mrs A. said...

Perfect Sue and just right girl my current challenge too. Hugs Mrs A.

MiamiKel said...

Oh my, this is stunning! I love the detail! So beautiful - and the colors are so rich and vivid! Perfection, Sue!

rachel said...

so very pretty Sue - lov the colours - beautiful tag! Hugs rachel x