Followers

Friday 3 August 2018

Mixed Media Tag

The current challenge over on the Allsorts Challenge blog for this fortnight is Tags and I had great fun making this for the challenge. I have a pack of grey board tags that I bought from Tando at a retreat earlier this year so taking one of the largest I started by giving it a coat of black gesso. Next I added so texture paste through a Tim Holtz stencil, when this was dry I added some colour using some Luscious from Indigo Blu (although you can't see a lot of it). Then I added a little guilding wax in gold over the stencilled part before adding some hessian and a little cardboard. Finally I had a rummage through my box of metal embellishments and added these over the hessian and cardboard. I added some thread that I've had for some years to finish the tag (this was left over from my Machine Knitting days).



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

brenda said...

Ooooh Sue, I really do love this, colours, textures and element to draw the eye, a really stunning make and it shows that you enjoyed making it as well, many thanks for sharing with ys at Allsorts challenge.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful tag Sue, a gorgeous background and lovely metal embellishments - lots of fabulous texture.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this Sue. I think I may have to use your 'recipe' next time I make a tag, only made one tonight but oh so simple and plain compared to yours. Not for show for a few days though...
have a lovely weekend. hugs.x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful Sue. Everything just works together so well and I love your use of the Tim Holtz stencil in the background x

rachel said...

Really pretty ..love this sue xxc

Liz said...

Your tag is just amazing, Sue, so much detail. xx

Kathleen said...

A lovely creation with lots of gorgeous elements. Thank you for joining our 'Tag' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and stunning tag!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Mrs A. said...

SupberbSue. Love the added embellishments and the thread just works it's magic as the final adornment. Hugs Mrs A.

Greta said...

Beautifully artistic--love it!

LesleyG said...

Wow what an awesome tag, that ribbon is awesome too! Xxx

Janice said...

An amazing tag Sue, I love all the detail.
Janice x