Followers

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Canadian Rockies

The end of April 2017 saw Hubby and I with a friend set off from Vancouver into the Canadian Rockies before dropping down into the USA for a wonderful road trip. Fast forward to now and the Allsorts Challenge blog are asking for cards with scenes made either with stamping or die cuts. This past Saturday saw me up at Ally Pally and while there some gorgeous new stamps from Inkylicious fell into my basket, well once they were there I had to buy them of course. As these were sitting on my desk, I used them to create this scene which reminded me of our road trip and the Rockies in particular. Although the cottage was from the snowy scene, I've changed the colours and tried to make the roof look like it is a thatched roof, therefore making it look like Spring/Summer, I also added some green to the tree. We saw lots of deer on our trip through the Rockies and did see a wolf, lots of Buffalo and Bears this was later on in the USA.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue xx


15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, this is on our wish list to visit..the Rockies, Canada and Alaska.xx

brenda said...

Now how on earth did that happen Sue, but something tells me the same will happen whe I go to Doncaster next month. A really beautiful scene and I imagine reminiscent of some of the scenery you saw in April. Perfect for our Allsorts theme, thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us.

B x

Mia said...

Amazine scene, Sue. What a great color combination. Kisses, my friend.

Joan said...

Beautiful scene Sue, I have some of those stamps on my shopping list for Port Sunlight next month(fingers crossed) if I can wait that long!

Joan

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Viv said...

What a fantastic scene you have created here Sue!

Liz said...

Beautiful scene, Sue, what a lovely card. We were lucky enough to go to the Rockies several years ago, a fabulous place to visit. xx

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

How beautiful!

Kathleen said...

A really gorgeous scene, some super images and a really gorgeous design.
Thank you for joining our 'Create a Scene' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

rachel said...

stunning scene Sue - absolutely beautiful! Hugs rachel x

scrappymo! said...

Oh sue...you have created the perfect Canadian Rockies small town look. I have seen so many wee house scenes just like this, and lots of wildlife when we have traveled through the Rockies.

We spent several years in a village of 1900 people and had bears and cougars and coyotes often seen in town...in my back garden actually!

Great card!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I can't believe how quickly the time has passed Sue since your holiday in Canada. Your card is fabulous. You've created an amazing scene and it really does remind me of a Canadian postcard. Great stamping and use of inks too x

Dora said...

This is so amazing. What a beautiful scene.

cotnob said...

A stunning card Sue, such a wonderful scene - extra special as it reminds you of your road trip.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janice said...

An amazing card Sue, you are such a great artist. Pleased you have enjoyed using your crafty buys!
Janice x