Followers

Thursday 20 September 2018

Inky Background

Over on the Back To Basics And Beyond challenge blog they are asking for you to make cards with Inky Backgrounds. This is something that I love to do, so out came my card and inks and this is what I have come up with. I used Peeled Paint, Wild Honey and Mustard Seed distress inks onto Sheena Stamping card. Then I dribbled water over the background to lift out some of the colour before using this beautiful Squirrel stencil from Sweet Poppy over the top. I used Tim Holtz's Black Soot Archival ink to get the image really black (this is a pad that you have to make up yourself from a reinker bottle and blank ink pad). I them mounted onto some cream card and then onto a 6x6 black card blank. The sentiment was cut out of scraps of Cream and Black using a Paper Boutique die.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

15 comments:

Dora said...

Schitterende kaart!!

Dora said...

I need to be englisch.
It means: Fantastic card! Very beautiful

brenda said...

Glorious Autumnal colours Sue and why have I missed this stencil - yet another thing for my Doncaster list me thinks.

B x

Unknown said...

Evening Sue I love this card I love the image and the colours are beautiful.
Thank you for sharing

Hugs Debs xxx

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Sue. Your beautiful, inky background sets off the lovely silhouette perfectly. xx

Janice said...

Your backgrounds are always stunning Sue, this card is beautiful.
Janice x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Sue, brilliant background and like you love making them...hugs.xx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sue, a gorgeous background and I love your squirrel.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

scrappymo! said...

What a perfect sentiment for this fall coloured card. That squirell stencil is so lovely on your inky background.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Sue! I love the autumn colors in your wonderful autumnal creation! The "white" areas in the background make a perfect "bokeh" rendition! And that stencil is something to go "nuts" about (pun intended). Beautifully done! Thanks for uploading your fabulous creation to Back to Basics and Beyond Challenges. I hope we will see more of your artwork in our future challenges. Be sure to check back later to see if you have won!
Crafty hugs, de
{Creative Smiles}

Mia said...

Lovely card, Sue, perfect for autumn. Your background is stunning. Kisses, my friend.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a pretty background and a fun stencil! Lovely!

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous, that inky background is perfect for the lovely bold silhouette squirrel. Thank you for playing along at Back to Basics

rachel said...

another one I seem to have missed! Lovely squirrel that works so well! Gorgeous card! Hugs rachel x