Followers

Tuesday 11 September 2018

The Creative Craft Academy

Recently I signed up to the The Creative Craft Academy, this was prompted by my love of Mixed Media and the fact that I sometimes buy stuff without really knowing how to use it. So I thought this would be a great way of learning and playing at the same time. This was my first kit that I received in July. Due to the mess in my Craft Room (now cleared) and the fact that we looked after my Grandson two days a week, it was sometimes hard to find time and space to craft. My Grandson started pre-school last week and now goes there 4 days a week (he wasn't keen last week) so now I have time to get things out and play. I really enjoyed making this and learnt another fantastic rust technique which I have already tried on another project that I'll show you later. The only thing that I would have done differently was I would have swapped the pictures that I was provided with to some sepia family photos, if only I could find those. I thought that I would pop over and join in the current challenge at More Mixed Media, which is Anything Goes with the option of Brown. I'm sure that this rusty look comes under brown somewhere. Now just to make a start on the August kit.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

brenda said...

You really are on a roll with creativity the last few days Sue and this is another great project. I will go check out that link as I know just what you mean about buying and not knowing much about them, did that only a couple of days ago and have this tub of medium looking at me.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this rustic look and wow what a fabulous work of art. Mixed media is fun but like you said you need to really know what and how to some things. Your frame actually looks metal, I am guessing it's a chipboard with the rust technique used on it? Either way it's wow.xx

Jane Willis said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love that rusted frame.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is a masterpiece
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Aquarius said...

What a wonderful project and a great idea to join the group in order to play (and learn) with mixed media

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sue, I'm a bit like you - I often buy things and then don't quite know what to do with them, this monthly kit looks like a good idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

rachel said...

This looks awesome Sue - what a lovely idea! Brilliant make - you can always change the photos later! Hugs Rachel x

Mia said...

GORGEOUS creation, Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scrappymo! said...

This is so gorgeous, Sue. Love the rusty look and the beautiful design.

Mrs A. said...

Stunning result but you need to give us the low down on how it was made!! hugs Mrs A.

MiamiKel said...

Sue, this is just breathtaking! I agree - a tutorial would be super!

Janice said...

Wow, this is amazing Sue!
Janice x