Followers

Friday 29 March 2019

Christmas Die cuts

I've noticed that there is a new Christmas Challenge blog on block, Christmas Kickstart Challenge. I think it a two week challenge and this time they are asking for cards with die cuts. For my card I have used a die from Spellbinders that was released last year in a bundle of Christmas themed dies. I cut it from black card and then with some textured wallpaper that I found in a DIY store (I took a largish sample) I made a backing paper. It has a rather nice silver sheen to it and there was enough there to make 9 cards all the same. I'm off now to join in the challenge.



I'm not sure how I've managed to post everyday this week, hope I can keep it up.
Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

15 comments:

Jo said...

Great use of die cuts Sue, will have to check out that challenge as I'm way behind on Christmas makes xx

CinnamonSally said...

What a gorgeous scene you have created with the silhouette dies, thanks for joining us at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

This is great with all the dies Sue, great background too..

brenda said...

It looks very striking in the monochromatic colours Sue.

B x

Mia said...

Lovely dies and background, Sue. Kisses!

Joan said...

Great card Sue, must check out that challenge. Glad I not the only one who grabs wallpaper samples. I'm known to photocopy it too to make more cards!

Aquarius said...

That die is a great choice for the Kickstart challenge - love it

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely card!

Dotty Jo said...

That wallpaper makes a great textural background and the die cut characters really 'pop' against it! Thanks so much for playing in The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Sue, a lovely die cut scene and your textured wall paper looks fabulous - a great idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

This is a lovely silhoutte card and like the idea of your using the sample wallpaper piece as your backing. Internet issues are still on going BT fixed the phone line but now the Internet is completely dead. Service provider has agreed to send an engineer out and see what exactly is going on. This has been an ongoing problem for 4 yrs now so throughly fed up. Hugs Mrs A.

Dora said...

Beautiful

rachel said...

Beautiful silhouette sue - lovely work! Hugs rachel x

Janice said...

Love your silhouette Christmas card Sue.
Janice x

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderful idea to use the wallpaper background! This is an amazing die...I am going to look for it too or else I will have to ask you to cut me a couple! lol