Followers

Wednesday 27 March 2019

Feathered Friends

Well things have settled down here after the excitement of last week so I made time to make a card to enter into the Allsorts Challenge this week which is Feathered Friends. I've used a 5x5 card base and a stamp that was free on the front of Creative Stamping a couple of months ago, where there was a whole A4 sheet full of stamps with birds and related things. I used the Wren stamp, the reason for this is - outside my sitting room window is a large Clematis which every year blooms beautifully for a good 2 -3 months starting about the end of March beginning of April. After it finishes blooming a little wren can often be seen hopping about around the bottom of the plant, I not sure if it nests in there every year or just visits daily, I've never cut it back far enough to find out. The Wren stamp reminded me of this. I coloured my Wren using pencils and made a brushed background using distress ink pads. The sentiment comes from the same stamp sheet and the branches were from a Lavinia stamp.



Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comment which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

brenda said...

Back to look at this one Sue after my diversion to the excitement of yesterday, it's a really perfect creation for our 'Feathered Friends' theme at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Mummylade said...

What a lovely image! Thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week with your project.

Joan said...

A stunning card Sue, the Wren is beautiful. I have that stamp set unused so you have reminded me to get it out and use it!


Joan

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Lovely card!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, lovely design and sentiment.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Sue, your wren is beautiful and you have created a super background for him.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

I love birds, Sue. And your wren is beautiful. Great background too. Kisses, my friend.

Carole said...

Beautiful card Sue...fabulous colouring of your little wren.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and love the background tree like that Sue.x

Dora said...

Awesome bird. Beautiful card

rachel said...

really wonderful - I love this little wren and the lavinia branches look amazing xx

Janice said...

Fabulous card Sue, love the image of the wren and the branch frame.
Janice x