Followers

Thursday 25 June 2020

June Rudolph Days

Time once again for another Rudolph Days Challenge, they seem to be coming around really quickly even though we've been in lockdown. I must say I'm sorry for not having this posted earlier, normally I schedule my post the night before. But I'm having a few issues with my Mum at the moment and completely forgot to do it last night. Once this is live I'll will be off to see her again today. Anyway onto my card. I've been having a bit of a sort out during the last couple of weeks and I found a box of stamps and dies that I'm ashamed to say had never been used. They are by Sheena Douglas and from a Christmas Collection that she bought out in 2018 (No longer available). I used the Snowflake corner die and silver Mirri card and one of the stamps from the set. First I inked around the four sides of my card base and then added the sentiment with Archival Watering Can. Next I added the Snowflake corners and added some gems to each snowflake. Finally I added small fairies from Lavinia Stamps again using Archival Watering Can ink. I do hope that you can join in the fun this month, as always Maureen has a wonderful prize that some lucky person will win after being chosen at random.



I made five cards in total, three cards with a turquiose blue and two with shaded lilac DI.


Hope that this finds you all well and staying safe.

Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

25 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful design, love the colours you used.

Aquarius said...

What a beautiful card, or should I say batch of cards. Both colour ways are great. Hope you Mum is OK.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I love your wonderful cards and their designs are really very lovely.
Love that snowflake corner and your wonderful inked background and the faries just set it all off perfectly.
It looks great in both colour ways too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Viv said...

Great set of cards Sue! Well ahead with your Christmas stash!

Linby said...

oh wow! These are just beautiful, I love how you used all the elements especially the fairies. A really wonderful original design.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning set of classy CAS cards & they look so different too in both colours.

Happy Rudolph Day teamie & i hope things improve with your mum too,

Luv Sam x

scrappymo! said...

This card is so beautiful, Sue! Your beautiful inky skies and pretty stamps and dies will inspire many, I am sure. I really like the inky colours you chose.

I hope your Mum will be OK. It is a terrible time to be poorly right now. I know you and Steve are the best of children, so giving and good to your parents. Your parents are so lucky to have you both, helping them along!

Joan said...

beautiful batch of cards Sue and those stamps are lovely, I really like the fairy one ,shame they are no longer available. I haven't done the Rudolph challenge this yeat as I was ill at the beginning of the year for a couple of months and struggled to get back into card making.

Joan

brenda said...

A really delightful creation as always Sue as is the one below using Poppy Cottage.

B x

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Sue, pretty dies and lovely colours.
I hope your Mum is OK.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning selection of cards, absolutely gorgeous.xx

lichazul said...

Gorgeous card, so very pretty desings👏👏👏
Congrats , hugs from Chile 🇨🇱
I use the traslator for for writter 😊

Carol L said...

You've created a wonderful set of cards for this challenge and I just love those decorative corner dies done in shiny silver! The way you added those fairies looks beautiful and the shading of the inks is a perfect way to showcase that beautiful sentiment! well done on all of them, and I do hope your mum is doing better by now. Hugs

R's Rue said...

Beautiful card.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Vicky Hayes said...

I love both colours you've used for this gorgeous design Sue but especially the blue. What a brilliant idea to add the fairies - the magic of snowflakes! - and they work so well with the sentiment. Hope all is well with your mum. Vicky x

Sally H said...

I love these Sue! So beautiful!

Bonnie said...

The snowflake corners are beautiful in silver, Sue! The soft gray ink suits the design perfectly! Love both the blue and the lilac color! Wow to getting five cards done!

Jules said...

These are gorgeous Sue .. .. and so many of them too!!

Can't decide which colour I like the best as they are both beautiful.

Love all those snowflakes and the little fairies alongside. Just perfect for the sentiment.

Sorry to read your Mum isn't too good. I hope she is OK.

Love Jules xx

rachel said...

Such a beautiful design Sue - I absolutely adore what you have done - and so many too! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

A lovely set of cards Sue. Such pretty shaded colours.

Carol
xx

Greta said...

Can't decide which color I like the best--both are so beautiful! Hope your mom improves.

Mrs A. said...

Sorry I am so late with commenting. Can only type for a bit as left handed which is the affected shoulder. The dentist has just rung and brought my appt forward to next Monday and my heart is now racing just thinking about having to venture out. I have made face masks (several in fact for both of us) and will be wearing one right up until the point of open wide!!!
Your snow flake cards are wonderful. Loved the turquoise and then
I spotted the purple and now can’t decide between the two. Hugs Mrs A.

Janice said...

Such pretty cards Sue, I love the colours and design. I’m glad it’s not just me that finds unused crafty items In their stash!
I hope your Mum is ok.
Janice x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Sue
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Simply beautiful x