Followers

Friday 4 May 2012

Forgotten Friday - Playing With Pan Pastels

Another Friday, so it's time again to look through your cupboards and find something that you've forgotten was there. This week I've decided to combine forgotten and new, the new being Pan Pastels which I bought recently while at the Alexandra Palace show. They've been sitting on the top in my craft room waiting to be used. I wanted to play with them a little to get to know what they felt like, and reacted when put onto card.  I can't say I was disappointed, they went on smoothly and blended together  so well. I love them, I now need to get some more, well want to get some more.



After playing a little I made a tag, by using the two purple shades that I have, putting the darker colour at the bottom and the lighter at the top. Next I used the Woodland design a tree set from Chocolate Baroque, stamped the tree in versamagic and gently rubbed what was on the sponge across the stamped image, the versamagic picked up the residue, as you can see it seems to darken the pastels. Next I added some leaves to the tree and some flowers to the bottom of the tag and repeated the sponging.




For my next tag I used Red, Orange and Yellow, working darker to light up the tag as before. This time I used one of the stamps from the Woodland Dreams set and sentiment from Words Of Gratitude, both of these are also from Chocolate Baroque. Again I used the pastels left on the sponge over the versamark ink.

Both of the tags I've mounted onto cards using backing papers from the Essence of Nature CD another great product from Chocolate Baroque. The ribbons are from my stash, the flower on the purple card is made using the Artistic Elements section on the CD, and the flower on the red card I made sometime ago using pages from an old book, distress ink, and a spellbinders die, they were sitting on a shelf waiting to be used.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

Two gorgeous and vibrant cards combining the forgotten with your new pan pastels which certainly seem to works really well. I've not been tempted - yet but I can see I might need some in due course.

NancyD said...

Hi, I just bought a box of 20 PanPastel's at the Savanna stamping retreat and can't wait to get home to try them out. Thanks for sharing your experience! NancyD

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! Your cards with tags are beautiful ! Great work with your new Pan Pastels ! I think I 'need' them :) Thank you for adding the Blog Candy to your sidebar, I appreciate your support ! Have a great weekend, Shirley x

Miranda said...

Hi Sue, you've done a great job with the Pan Pastels, especially the first one I like , great shading! I must have a play with them soon! warm greet Miranda

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Hi Sue, two gorgeous tags using your Pan Pastels. Love the colours, stamps and papers.
Think I will invest in a few sets.
Hugs
Christine xx