Followers

Tuesday 8 May 2012

A Nice Surprise

Last week I was lucky enough to win a beautiful new set of stamps from Chocolate Baroque. Glenda the owner was very kindly giving away a set in a random draw on the Chocolate Baroque blog (please do go and check out the wonderful samples that the design team have been making). I have a very bad habit of cutting out the stamps that I buy and then not using then for months, but I was determined to use these once I had cut them out. There is another lovely set released at the same time as these, called Lace Fragments, that compliments this set, but although I have ordered it, it's not arrived yet. For this card I used an A5 white card base, the backing paper is from MCS Quintessential Country Garden which has had Spun Sugar distress ink blended around the edges. The lace is some from my sewing stash which I ran through the Zyron machine to make one side sticky, then I placed this down one side of the card. I made the tag by printing off a sheet from a download that I found here on one of my trips around blog land and then cutting out with Tim Holtz's large label die. I then stamped two of the dress forms onto the tag and coloured with water colour pencils, next I blended Spun Sugar distress ink around the edge of this. I stamped, coloured, and cut out 6 buttons and placed them down the side, then stamped the pincushion first onto the backing paper and then onto some white card. After I coloured the pincushion and cut it out I place over the one on the backing paper. The scissors and thimble where stamped with versamark, and then embossed with gold WOW embossing powder, cut out and place at the bottom of the tag. Lastly I stamped the word Couture next to the buttons, this came for a small set that was with a Debbi Moore magazine, the ribbon came from my stash. I've not added any other sentiment at this stage, as I shall pop this into my box of ready cards.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue x

3 comments:

Aquarius said...

We were lucky weren't we? This is such a pretty card using several of the stamps - I just love those olde worlde scissors and dress forms. I've been playing too.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

WOW Sue ! What a gorgeous creation using the awesome stamp set you won ! (Congrats again !). I love all the elements, the lace, buttons, tag, & colours. Great work ! Cheers, Shirley x

Christine said...

Congratulations on your win Sue. A gorgeous creation and all the elements are super.
Hugs
Christine xx