Followers

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Tulips From Amsterdam

I've had a busy week this week, so I've only just got around to making something for Forgotten Friday, and I'm going to combine it with my second entry into this months Craft A Scene challenge which this month is spring flowers. I've used a previously uninked stamp from Chocolate Baroque from the country views stamp sheet. I wanted to try to give this card a Delft Pottery feel to it, so stamped the image onto watercolour card with faded jeans distress inks. I then took a water brush and moved the ink around a little to give it a bit more colour. I then blended the same colour ink around the edge of the image and stamped a get well message on to a spare piece of card and again blended some ink around the edge. The tulips are a digital stamp from Just Inklined which I sized to go with the image, printed onto some white card stock and coloured with promarkers, I then cut these out and stuck along the bottom of the image. I used a 6 x 6 white card base, and backing paper that came form a box of scraps, again I used faded jeans blended around the edges.



Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely Sue, you've really caught the Delft feel. I love the bright tulips against the cool blue and white. Thanks o much for joining in FF this week, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Sue and real Dutch! warm greetz Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea to use the stamps in this way to give the Delft look - this is a set I don't have yet.. tempting though as I love the windmill!! The colourful tulips are great with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the soft blue with the splash of bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue ! Awesome card ! It does have the Delft feel to it. I love how the colours of the tulips pops - Beautiful ! Thanks for the tip on using Distress Inks direct to watercolor paper and then adding water, it's very effective, I will have to try it. Enjoy the rest of your day, Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue,
    Love the Delft effect and the stamp set too. Great idea with blue background and colored tulips in the front. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great get well card. Love the flowers and the Delft blue. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Sue. I love the watercolur effect and you have done it beautifully.
    Carol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! The water color is done perfectly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous, Sue! love the blue and white with the colour of the tulips. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.