Followers

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Sunflowers

This is going to be a complete learning curve for me as I posting this from hubby's ipad, as Saturday we fly off to the US for four weeks. We will be travelling while over there and my daughter said it would be nice if I blogged as we went, and she could see where we were. After arriving in Boston on the 2nd June and stopping for 2 nights we are hoping to visit these places on out trip, Martha's Vineyard, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Louisville and Chicago. Then we will be hopping over the border into Canada to Niagara Falls and Toronto before going back into the US and Boston.
Anyway here is the card that I've made today using the new Sunflower stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I started by taking a piece of white card stock and cutting it to 14 x 14 cms, and then stamping with, one of the small sunflowers all over with versamark. Next with 2 different yellows in pan pastels I blended right across the card. Next I stamped 2 of the middle sized flowers and 3 of the leaves and embossed them with clear embossing powder. The flowers were coloured with the deeper yellow and the leaves with the only green pan pastel I have, this was a little deep so I added a little yellow over the top and then blended together, then cut them out. I mounted the background onto some gold mirri card before mounting onto a green card base. I added the flower and leaves to one corner and then in the opposite corner I stamped the word delight, this was another stamp from Chocolate Baroque.
Thank you for taking the time to look.
Sue

4 comments:

Aquarius said...

Lovely bright card - you were quick off the mark with the sunflower stamps. Have a great time and look forward to your I-pad blogging

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful sunny card Sue ! I like the clear embossing, looks like plastic petals ! Great background as well. Your trip plans sound awesome, looking forward to your blogs :) Shirley x

judith@poppy cottage said...

Great card Sue, very sunny and cheerful. Enjoy your travels, and it will be great to see your travelling blog posts. I have an iPad as well, but just haven't used it to blog yet.

Judith xx

Carol said...

Wow Sue. I am impressed. The card is fab but I am even more impessed with iPad skills. I wouldn't even know which way to hold it up.
Have a great trip. We'll miss you.
Hugs
Carol x