Followers

Thursday 10 July 2014

CD Sunday - Round Again (recycling) With Carol

This time round at the CD Sunday blog Carol is asking for us to make a project using something that has been recycled. I had got to the stage where I thought I couldn't find anything to recycle, then earlier this week while looking in one of my over loaded cupboards I knocked out all of the thick bits of Acetate that is used in the packaging of the spellbinders dies and embossing folders. I always save this and have acquired quite a pile of it, next it was what would I make with it.


I decided to make a Christmas card, partly because I've not made any yet this year. I used Crafter Companion Makey Bakey Mice Christmas CD. I started by folding a piece of A4 green card in half and trimmimg most of the front way. After trimming the Acetate to size I stuck this in place of the removed card. Next I found two toppers the same size, cut them out and stuck them back to back (only with the acetate between them). The backing paper was stuck to the inside of the card and a verse stuck onto that and in line with the toppers.



I stuck the sentiment to the inside and embellishments to the outside of the card and added some festive looking ribbon to the top to finish it off.


Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Aquarius said...

A clever bit of recycling and a lovely Christmas card.

Carol said...

What a great card Sue. Thank you for taking the time to enter in the challenge and well done to have started on the dreaded C******** cards.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

rachel said...

super use of the acetate sue - really fab card - love the oh so cute makey bakey mice! Big Hugs rachel x

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love the image and fab details.xxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card and indeed clever use of the acetate cover. I keep throwing them out, never thought that I could do something with them. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

Wynn said...

You're like me....well most crafters really....never throw anything away. And what a clever use of the acetate.....must try this. Thanks for sharing the idea with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Christine said...

This is a great use of re-cycled acetate Sue, must confess, I throw mine away from my dies, note to self, keep them in future. Love the image and the extra detail. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

aussie aNNie said...

This is one beautiful creation with the re-cycling of acetate...such a lovely scene and gorgeous additional beauties...xxx ♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great christmascards Sue, The mice look so cute, and what a good idea ,to recycle!!!

Greetings and have a wonderful weekend
xxMaria

starcyl said...

This is great and well done on doing a Christmas card as we have to start sometime don't we. What a good way to use up those pack from the dies, like Christine I throw mine away!
Thanks for joining in with us this time at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Nice to get a bit ahead with Christmas cards and what a great one to start with. Love the way you have recycled packaging.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

What a cleaver idea Sue, one of the good things about a recycling challenge is we all get some really good ideas from everyone, this is lovely and an idea i will remember. Thanks for joining us in this challenge.
sue-b xx

Sally H said...

A fab card, Sue! I have been making 2 a month, but several have gone to Inkylicious as samples, so I only have 8, but that is way better than last year at the beginning of December!

Michelle J M said...

How ingenious! Now I would never have thought of that! What a super card. Lovely image and that ribbon matches perfectly. Michelle x