Followers

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Inspired By Craft Stamper

I have a project to share with you toady that was inspired from an article in the May edition of Craft Stamper. The original projects was by Riikka Kovasin, where she used leftover chipboard alphabet shapes to cover a canvas. I did not have chipboard alphabet shapes, but I do have a Cricut and several cartridges that have alphabets on them. So I cut out two different types of alphabet several times and then glued three together to make my own. Next it was all treated to a layer of white gesso, before spraying with three different colours of Glimmer Mists. When it was all dry I found a stamp that had words on it and over stamped the letters with black ink (this is what Riikka had done), at this stage I thought it looked a little dark. So I got out my Inka Gold metallic paints and just rubbed some lighter colours over the copper and the plum, I found I preferred the look now. I've decorated the corner by using a combination of die cuts, doily and swirls are from Marianne, Ivy leaves are Crafter Companion the butterflies are Spellbinders and finally the flowers are Heartfelt creations Arianna stamps and dies, coloured with spectrum noir pens. I really enjoy making this and already have several other ideas along the same line buzzing around in my head.




I'm going to enter this into the Stamping Sensations Challenge this month. They are asking for Summer Flowers, I think this will fit the bill.

Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab design and colours.xxx

brenda said...

This is very creative Sue and really eye catching with the vivid purple flowers.

Thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Hellen Pearce said...

ooh Sue this is fabulous! x

Aquarius said...

Sue this is beautiful and such a great idea with the letters - very resourceful. I didn't renew my sub to Craft Stamper and thinking maybe I should have kept it going.

rachel said...

this is stunning Sue - I too wanted to do this technique when I read the article - not gotten around to it yet - but I will I think!!! Love your canvas and hopefully it will have given me the nudge I need x

pinky said...

Wow this is really gorgeous Sue! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Stunning Sue, I love the colours and the texture you've created. Take care, Shirleyx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this has amazing vibrant colouring and gorgeous textures. The flower spray is just scrumptious.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulously brilliant creation, love the colour combination too..vibrant and inviting.x
♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

judith@poppy cottage said...

Apologies for not stopping by your blog for such a long time Sue. This is just a fab piece of artwork. The colours really caught my eye, and the texture is great. Beautiful colouring on those flowers, Judith xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow, great work of ART!!

xxMaria

Sally H said...

wow, wow, wow! What a stunning creation Sue! Thanks for joining in our Summer blooms challenge at stamping sensations and good luck!

Claire said...

Hi Sue, just playing catch up and I'm so pleased I had time to pop in for a visit. This is a stunning project, love the alphabet background and those flowers are gorgeous
Claire xx

Michelle J M said...

Wow Sue, this looks amazing, another work of art. Those colours are fantastic as is the beautiful flower arrangement. Sorry haven't been around but have had my lovely daughter visiting from South Africa. She was only here for two weeks but it was wonderful to spend time with her. Michelle x

Marjeta said...

Whwn I saw this card, I said that`s it. It is wery beautiful and special.
Marjeta