Followers

Wednesday 28 July 2010

MCS Tattered Lace

Last night saw the launch of the new My Craft Studio Blockbuster, and I am very lucky to be on the sample makers team. I was sent a small portion of the vast amount of art work that is on the CDs and below are the samples that I made. Unfortunately the 5th card down has come out very blue in the photo, when in fact it was a beautiful teal colour. Here's run down of what I used.
The 1st, the topper I printed onto acetate and then used silver leaf on the reverse after running it through the Zyron. I finished it with some silver ribbon and a couple of flowers from my stash, which I sprayed with Crafters Companion Silver Sparkle.
2nd, I used my Martha Stewart punch and Nellie Snellen flower punch adding a flat back pearl to the centre of each flower.
3rd, I made the topper by sizing it to fit one a Spellbinders circle die and the matching it to a scalloped edge spellbinders die. The butterfly was made using a Marianne Creatable die, this I sprayed with Glimmer Mist before mounting onto the card and adding a few flat backed pearls.
4th, This was made with a piece of Centura Pearl card folded to make an A5 card. I then took one of the overlay images on the CD and made this a size to fit my card and printed it onto acetate. I wrapped this around the card and made a narrower wrap using a Martha Stewart edge punch, this I added some ribbon to, and then cut out Friend using my Cricut.
5th, This was made using one of the backing sheets, which I used the emboss feature and then cut a square using the digital punch feature to make a topper with just a small section. Then I coloured the backing sheet to match. I made a backing sheet using the new colour picker and cut a border and a square to mount my topper on again using a Martha Stewart punch. I finished by using flat back pearls in the scallop on the borders and a bit of ribbon.
6th, I colour matched the mat and layering sheet using the colour picker and then decoupaged the flower around the edge of the frame. Added a ribbon top and bottom and a few flat back pearls.







No comments: