Followers

Sunday 30 October 2011

CD Sunday - Puss Cat

The challenge this week over on the CD Sunday blog is Puss Cat. A lovely choice, I have so many CDs with cats on, but my favorite has to be Ivory Cats from Joanna Sheen. This week I decided to go with something a bit different than a card, and I've made this little stationary set with notelets in. It is a perfect gift to give to someone, and with Christmas just around the corner will come in handy.






First I started by printing off the notelet sheets and envelopes from the CD, and then trimmed them and made the envelopes up. Next I picked an image that liked to go onto the front of the wallet and printed the matching backing paper twice. I used a sheet of centura pearl card for the wallet. The measurements that I used for the wallet was 17cms depth, and 28 cms across, this I scored at 13 and 15. Next I made a small pocket on the inside, I used card that matched card I had used for the wallet, but plain white would also do. This measured19cms x 12 cms, then I scored the card down the two shortest edges and then along one long edge at 1 1/2 cms and again at 3 cms. When you fold these in you will see that it will give you an area to stick to the inside bottom of the wallet, you will have to trim a small amount away for this to fold easily, but it should be quite easy to see which bit this is. By adding a piece of ribbon around the middle of the wallet it can be tied into a bow when finished but this I do before putting any matting on. I have used a darker colour for the matting for both the back and front and the insides. By carefully trimming the backing paper there is enough left to also add matting onto the pocket. For the front I have used the largest image from the sheet of images, but trimmed it slightly to fit, and added a stamp to the corner saying "Just a note...". All that is left is to pop the notelets and envelopes inside.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

7 comments:

starcyl said...

Oooh Sue I do like this and it's been beautifully done. I'm sure that anyone would love such a gift. thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Wow Sue you have been busy in that extra hour. A lovely gift for someone and something different for our challenge.
Thank you for your continued support of CD Sunday - and see you later in the week.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Wow from me too Sue, this is a lovely gift and super to see something other than a card.
Thanks for going into detail as to how you made it and also for showing the inside.
Thanks for your continued suport of CD Sunday, see you later this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Hazel said...

Lovely project and beautiful images. Hazel x

Jocelyn said...

What a lovely idea. I'm sure anyone who received this gift would be delighted.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

Jocelyn
CD Sunday DT

Aquarius said...

What a great gift idea - gorgeous cat pictures too

Pamela said...

Oh Wow! This is amazing! I adore cats and would be delighted if someone had made this for me (shall I email my addie? LOL!). Thanks for joining in this week.
Pamela (Guest Designer for CD Sunday - my last week, sob!)