Followers

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Forgotten Friday 47 - Butterfly Dreams

My card this week for Forgotten Friday was inspired by this beautiful creation by the very talented Claire from Claire's Crafty Creations. Claire used pan pastels on her card, but as I don't have any of these I've used Distress Ink pads. First I choose to use the large square stamp from the the Butterfly Dreams stamp sheet from Chocolate Baroque, it's the first time it's been inked so more than qualifies for this challenge. I stamped the image onto white card with versamark and then embossed with Patina Gold from Sparkle N Sprinkle which was rescued from the back of the cupboard. Then I coloured over the image with the Distress Ink pads, using Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Barn door and Fired Brick and coloured the butterflies with promarkers. I then cut around the image and mounted first onto some black card and them some gold mirri card. The backing paper is from the Artylicous Essence of Nature CD in colours close to the image but I did go around the edge with Barn Door and Fired Brick to pull it all together, then mounted it onto gold mirri card. I tried several different colours of ribbon before settling on this beige/gold colour. So far I've not added a sentiment as there are a couple of occasions that this could be used for, I'll make up my mind nearer the time.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

4 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

Ooooh this is a pretty card Sue. Anyone would be pleased to receive this gorgeous creation, I'm sure! The colours are so vibrant. The ribbon and the backing paper look great with the main image. Thanks for joining in FF this week, Judith xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Wow Sue this is beautiful. Great creations and combination. Lovely colors and the butterflt too.
Lovely greet Marja

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue What a stunning creation ! The colours are beautiful...great card....love the image as well.

Aquarius said...

This is wonderful - lovely colouring and so warm-looking on a really chilly day