Followers

Monday 16 April 2012

CD Sunday - Ring A Roses

The challenge over on the CD Sunday blog this week is Ring A Roses, so as I was making my FIL's card to give to MIL on their Anniversary, I decided to combine the two. I've used Rob Addams, Roses For All Occasions CD, and made an 8 x 8 card. Some of the flowers in this basket are very deep in colour, so I picked a deep pink mirri card to use for the matting, the backing paper is also from the CD and although you can't see it very well is covered with lovely pink roses. The decoupage is quite deep and printed of over 3 sheets, I put it together with silicone gel, then mounted onto the card with foam pads. I tied a bow and added to the side of the card before I stuck the bottom layer onto the card. I've just realised that I have taken the photo before I added the sentiment, which said, To My Wonderful Wife On Our Wedding Anniversary.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

12 comments:

Claire said...

Just beautiful Sue, those roses are stunning and the pink mirri is a perfect finishing touch
Claire xx

starcyl said...

I'm sure your MIL will love this Sue, these roses look so real.
Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card for your MIL Sue ! I'm sure in 'real' it's even more beautiful when you see the full effect of the decoupage. Have fun with your new goodies from the show, I have to wait until October to attend one that is close. Have a great week ! Shirley x

Jocelyn said...

Hello Sue. Those roses seem to be leaping off the card they look so real.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Sue. Especially when you enlarge it to get the full effect.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Jacki Daniels said...

Stunning card Sue lovely image and beautifully decoupaged
Jacki xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and gorgeous vase of roses
Margaret

Aquarius said...

This is gorgeous and must have taken ages to make all those layers - I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

Colleen said...

A really lovely card. I like the background that the roses are on, it really makes the roses stand out.

Colleen
Guest Designer CD Sunday

Michelle J M said...

Beautiful card Sue, the roses just pop out from the lovely background. Lovely! Michelle x

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card Sue, the decoupage really pops out, Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday, Wendy x

Cazro said...

I can almost smell the roses, they look so real. A beautiful card. Caz