Followers

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Twichies - Add A Flower

This time the challenge over at the Show Us Your Twinchies blog, is Add A Flower. I decided to use this small flower stamp that comes from a stamp sheet from Chocolate Baroque, unfortunately this stamp sheet is now discontinued. I stamped the flower onto my 2 inch x 2 inch (5 cms x 5 cms) piece of card using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink, and then with a water brush pulled the colour out to shade the flowers. Then I ran the edges of the card across the ink pad to finish.



I have decided that if I am going to make these twinchies I need to finish them in some way, rather than just leave a tiny pieces of art. So after making the first twinchie, I made 2 more the same and mounted them onto some black card. I then cut a piece of card 14.5 cms x 14.5 cms in white and blended the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink across the card. I the took a Crafters Workshop mask (available from Chocolate Baroque) and again with the Picked Raspberry went over the top making sure the inking was darker than the base. I added the word art from the Artistic Expressions stamp sheet, from Chocolate Baroque again, in black ink and added some black organza ribbon across the middle of the card. I then added the background to a 15 cm x 15 cm black card base, and place the twinchies onto this.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and you kind comments that are always appreciated.

Sue

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

A great twinchie and such a good idea to make them into that beautiful card otherwise they'd probably lie around unused or in my case get lost!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Twinchie Sue ! I love the CB designs and the card that you created with the 3, gorgeous ! You could enter this one into The Pink Challenge too ! I hope all is well, take care, Shirleyx

Zoe said...

Thank you for entering this beautiful twinchie into our fourth challenge, love it it very pretty. Good luck Zoe xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous twinchie, Sue. Love the detail, and colours.. xx

Kate M said...

Fabulous Twinchie and love the completed card!
Kate
xx

Linda said...

Lovely twinchies, the flower stamp is so pretty. They look great together on the card too. xx