Followers

Saturday 8 September 2012

Time Flies

What gorgeous weather we're having here in the UK at the moment, let hope it lasts a bit longer. I've made this card to enter into the Technique Tuesday Challenge, which this month is Faux Leather. This is a fun technique which Mynnette shows you step by step how to make over on the blog. I've really enjoyed getting covered in ink making this project. I started by covering my card with little pieces masking tape as the instructions told me, and then I inked the background using a Walnut Stain distress ink pad, and then embossing with clear embossing powder. Next I cut out a clock from the Tim Holtz sizzex die (this is the first time I've used the die and I've had it over a year) and coloured again with the Walnut Stain, as this did not turn out as dark as  thought it would, went over the top with some Black Soot. I then stuck this onto the Faux Leather using dries clear glue, and placed the hands on with a brad. I created the Tick Tock and Time Flies with the PC using a typewriter font, I used a little walnut stain and black soot around the edges. Next I stamped this gorgeous beetle, from Chocolate Baroque called Steampunkery, onto some white card twice, and embossed using Wow brass embossing powder. I then coloured the beetle using Distress pens and cut out, the first one I cut everything out and the second one just the body and the top part of the wings and cover with Glossy Accents. When it was dry I placed the beetle onto the card using some glue gel to lift it away from the surface a little.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

7 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Sue, this is phenomenal!!! What an amazing use of the technique and I LOVE the pop of red!!! The sentiments scattered about are fabulous, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday--we appreciate your participation and hope to see you again soon!!! :)

Karen Petitt said...

Hello Sue, oh my I've got to agree with Mynnette - this is just perfect! I love the whole thing, the background, the sentiment and the Clock and Chocolate Baroque stamp! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday this month I hope you'll be back to play along with us again next month hugs Karen

Aquarius said...

This is certainly a great background technique - must have a go at that. I just love that TH clock die which is on my wish list along with the CB stamp set. Great card.

Carol said...

Wow!. Took my breath away just reading how you made it.
xx

Peanut said...

Amazing! That pop of red add a lot to the card. It's gorgeous!

Katy said...

This is so cool! I love the clock (it's on my list) and the beetle is awesome! Great use of the technique! Thank for joining us at Technique Tuesday! :)

Nancy said...

LOVE your steampunk card!!! That beetle looks so Amazing!! Absolutely gorgeous work!! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday ~ hope to see you again next month!!!
Nancy xx :D